Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just not getting the breaks on this one...Russell sounded excellent by the way.

Don't really know what to say about this,I could sense a loss as our confidence is so low,a couple of months ago we would have smashed these like we did forest...Self belief has deserted us and no idea how we get it back.

Self belief has to be based on some kind of existing ability. I suspect that a few of our players may have come to the conclusion that there isn't enough ability to warrant any confidence.

There must be a sub-text to the choice of subs.

Was today the day we officially ditched vydra, johnson, anya, camara, shackell, olsson, blackman?

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They haven't beaten anyone since Boxing day.

Remember that season that Crystal Palace hadn't won at home all season, then Derby County paid a visit?

It's what we do.

But on the positive side think of all good we're doing, giving points to all those clubs less fortunate than ourselves!

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Self belief has to be based on some kind of existing ability. I suspect that a few of our players may have come to the conclusion that there isn't enough ability to warrant any confidence.

We seem to lack confidence in our ability, not our luck. Normally a dip in form is when heads drop and players feel like nothing is going for them. 

We seem to feel like we don't have what it takes. And is it any surprise when our own fans tell them as often as possible? 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

There must be a sub-text to the choice of subs.

Was today the day we officially ditched vydra, johnson, anya, camara, shackell, olsson, blackman?

Nope. Shackell and Blackman injured, Johnson not playing for personal reasons and Anya's replacement our best player bar Ince today. Apart from that....

I know we've lacked shots on target but we've had plenty of those nearly moments. All Bent needed then is a single touch. Had a similar one earlier with the ball over the top from Hughes. Hughes himself had his shot which was in if it hit the target. We should have had a penalty. Ince shot across goal just off target but again, if on target is in without doubt.

Tiny, tiny margins. We haven't been far off today imo. 

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

We seem to lack confidence in our ability, not our luck. Normally a dip in form is when heads drop and players feel like nothing is going for them. 

We seem to feel like we don't have what it takes. And is it any surprise when our own fans tell them as often as possible? 

Agreed. And the other side of it too. I guess opponents are tasting the blood if they get a corner against us.

Maybe the fact is that we are a bang average side at the moment - 2 points from 12 doesn't really support much else..

We have just played 4 very poor sides, 3 of those at home and picked up 2 points....no excuses we are just playing like a mid/lower table side right now..

Archived