Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

On 25/02/2017 at 20:04, Jimbo Ram said:

He was very poor Roy Mac 5. It was if he had been given a directive from above not to give us anything at all in and around their box. I was behind the goal they scored in, high up and had a really good view of everything. Although up the other end the Bent incident seemed a definite penalty and I am convinced Hutton handballed it in the area with about 20 mins to go. Also agree that it looked like Hughes was caught just outside the box. The ref had nothing to do with the fact we can't defend corners mind. That needs sorting out. Can we get your namesake in for some masterclasses....

Not going to wade through 40 pages of the usual wrist-slashing, so this may have been mentioned before, and was mentioned on the RD commentry.

This ref is the very same ref who sent Chris Martin off for diving, having been fouled, disallowed a perfectly good goal, and various other atrocities in that infamous game we lost at Burnley in our oh-so-nearly season. Ed and Craig were very underwhelmed by his performance.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Not going to wade through 40 pages of the usual wrist-slashing, so this may have been mentioned before, and was mentioned on the RD commentry.

This ref is the very same ref who sent Chris Martin off for diving, having been fouled, disallowed a perfectly good goal, and various other atrocities in that infamous game we lost at Burnley in our oh-so-nearly season. Ed and Craig were very underwhelmed by his performance.

Wrong Madley.

Ref vs. Villa - Andrew
Ref vs. Burnley - Robert

Entire family must hate Derby :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You still haven't answer my question.. I didn't say you're boring.. Read it again and it said it's getting BORING NOT YOU ARE BORING. Don't tell me to shut up whereas you said Russell was poor on saturday which is incorrect.. 

I'm not trying have a go at Russell even though I'm picking him up more than anyone else there's just a feeling inside that players are getting slagged off but haven't had a real chance, Russell was excellent 2 years ago and I'd never doubt I'd work rate, I just feel that for him it's time he moved on he's been a good servant for Derby and I've enjoyed watching his passion I think now he lacks the quality that will take us to that next level. I totally understand the love for Russell but not the hate towards the ones that haven't had the chances he's had, and unfortunately no I wasn't their on Saturday I did however watch it on a steam. Was first match I've missed in a while, if he went and starts tomorrow which I expect he will if he went and scored 2 tomorrow I'd love it but he just doesn't do it on a consistent level like I believe the ones we spent money on haven't had the time to become consistent now I find it boring going on and on about Russell but I always seem to get picked up on my opinion but others say players shouldn't play for the club again after they've had a bad half?

Clearly we didn't play too badly and were extremely unlucky. Here's a piece from Villa that describes how much we dominated: http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2017/2/26/14744344/aston-villas-win-against-derby-might-be-a-curse-in-disguise

I do think we need a better setup when defending corners. And I become very frustrated that we don't seem to get enough shots off - surely everyone should be dying to score goals, but we seem to lack the urge (and certainly the urgency) to do it sometimes.

On 2/27/2017 at 21:11, HantsRam said:

Bacuna charged with violent conduct for his chest bump. Guaranteed 1 match ban with possibly more. 

Silly boy. 

6 game ban.

Crazy action when you've won the game. It's a good job for them it wasn't earlier on - having said that we still wouldn't have scored..

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

6 game ban.

Crazy action when you've won the game. It's a good job for them it wasn't earlier on - having said that we still wouldn't have scored..

Is it just me that thinks punishments seem inconsistent for infractions against officials relative to other players?

6 games! If he'd done what he did to another player then shearer,  lawrenson et al would have called "handbags".

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Is it just me that thinks punishments seem inconsistent for infractions against officials relative to other players?

6 games! If he'd done what he did to another player then shearer,  lawrenson et al would have called "handbags".

But its not another player, its an official.

Archived