Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

How did Bennett do?

I think he did well given the amount of time left. Managed to win a corner also had a shot. Battled well to retain the ball out on the wing towards the end too- the commentator on the stream remarked at how he did well to keep hold of the ball. Seems willing to try and beat his man too.

1 minute ago, Adslegend said:

I think he did well given the amount of time left. Managed to win a corner also had a shot. Battled well to retain the ball out on the wing towards the end too- the commentator on the stream remarked at how he did well to keep hold of the ball. Seems willing to try and beat his man too.

Put in a decent cross, looked lively.

Enjoyed the day out. No need to panic for me. Bossed most of the game but didn't have the rub of the green or cutting edge in front of goal. Also 2 very good penalty shouts, especially Bent in the first half. With 2 or 3 quality signings and hopefully Thorne, Forsyth and Martin back next season I don't think we will be far away....

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Enjoyed the day out. No need to panic for me. Bossed most of the game but didn't have the rub of the green or cutting edge in front of goal. Also 2 very good penalty shouts, especially Bent in the first half. With 2 or 3 quality signings and hopefully Thorne, Forsyth and Martin back next season I don't think we will be far away....

What did you think of the ref Jimbo, seemed pretty poor to me. Missed the penno, didn't give a freekick on the edge of the box when Hughes(?) was chopped down. Let them get away with a fair bit of 'physicality' yet booked Ince for a marginal show of dissent?

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

or we shouldn't be looking at all for a new coach or even talking about a new coach just yet.

We'll it dawned on me that I cannot think of a British manager I would consider, I am sure Mac will be here next season but I don't think his contract extends beyond that.

Thought we were unlucky. But it looked like two average sides if I'm honest. Second half we weren't as good but all in all, we look impotent. Lacking pace and tempo, a bit of aggression. 

Still didn't lose that really. Hughes missing for me yet again, subbed wrong player off. 

I am drunk though.

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What did you think of the ref Jimbo, seemed pretty poor to me. Missed the penno, didn't give a freekick on the edge of the box when Hughes(?) was chopped down. Let them get away with a fair bit of 'physicality' yet booked Ince for a marginal show of dissent?

He was very poor Roy Mac 5. It was if he had been given a directive from above not to give us anything at all in and around their box. I was behind the goal they scored in, high up and had a really good view of everything. Although up the other end the Bent incident seemed a definite penalty and I am convinced Hutton handballed it in the area with about 20 mins to go. Also agree that it looked like Hughes was caught just outside the box. The ref had nothing to do with the fact we can't defend corners mind. That needs sorting out. Can we get your namesake in for some masterclasses....

Archived