Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tombo said:

If you saw it in action, not in that small clip, you can see he didn't. That video is not the best angle. If you saw it on TV then I apologise. 

No, i didn't and i concede you may be correct, would like to see it again from other angles

4 minutes ago, ramit said:

The defender gets a touch of the ball, not a penalty IMO

It does look a bit like it from that view, but the fact the ball doesn't change direction suggests he didnt.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What d'you expect - one of the Madleys'. Their mum & dad should have had a pact before getting married - no kids! Mind you, given that Bobby Madley is one of their offspring, I reckon they weren't married when he was born anyway.

Looking at Bobby Madley, I reckon it would be illegal for his mum and dad to marry.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What d'you expect - one of the Madleys'. Their mum & dad should have had a pact before getting married - no kids! Mind you, given that Bobby Madley is one of their offspring, I reckon they weren't married when he was born anyway.

Didn't realise they were brothers. Not from Nottingham are they?

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Russell has done well, miles ahead of Anya and Camara on that first half. Way more positive.

Good to know. I'm always a bit surprised the quickness with which whoever is left wing forward is declared rubbish.......give him about three poor touches and a missed chance and it'll be razza who is streets ahead...

Lots of positives. Distribution from midfield has been cracking. Ince has found himself some room on the right but not as much as Lowe and Russell on the left. De Sart has intercepted a few and when we have our moments we've passed the ball pretty well. It's not our scintillating best but you've got to build from that when you're in a slump. We've not defended amazingly well but they've not had a plethora of chances so we must be doing something right. The goal was bad, some poor movement. We mark the right players but stay stationary when the ball comes in. We watch the ball not the man and that chaos suits the attacking team.

This game is still there. I'm concerned that Bruce will set them up better this second half so if we could only have got one just before half time we'd have made our statement for the second. Ultimately, I think we'll be trying to break through a wall this second half, so we've got a job on. But it's not impossible, just more difficult than it should be. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No. He booked him for dissent because of the way he slammed the ball down. Silly Ince. 

Come on! The ball was 45 metres from goal and he moved it back 2 yards which apparently was acceptable. He was just trying to get on with the game. Little wonder he was frustrated!

Archived