Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Good to know. I'm always a bit surprised the quickness with which whoever is left wing forward is declared rubbish.......give him about three poor touches and a missed chance and it'll be razza who is streets ahead...

Yet to be impressed by Camara myself. Only likes to play from standing starts.

Every single player near the ball was running back towards their own goal for that corner, allowing their players a run on our defenders, they don't stand a chance with a good delivery. Why are we persisting with this tactic with the huge gap on our 6 yard line?

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Every single player near the ball was running back towards their own goal for that corner, allowing their players a run on our defenders, they don't stand a chance with a good delivery. Why are we persisting with this tactic with the huge gap on our 6 yard line?

I'm guessing because Carson likes to come out and catch it. But he never does....

Thats not to blame Carson by the way, the whole backline is to blame. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Agree - Pearce and Keogh stood in each other's pockets not marking anyone as the goal is nodded in, both waving their hands as if it's everyone else's responsibility. Love them both but I've no idea who they were meant to be picking up as neither were near anyone in a claret shirt :pinch:

Considering how consistent he normally is, it's not been Keogh's best game. If he's carrying a knock that might explain it but whatever the thinking is behind how we defend corners and set pieces, it's fundamentally flawed from my way of thinking. We've gone from attacking every ball and looking majestic a few weeks back to something akin to a zonal system that doesn't work at all. Is it a conscious change?

Archived