Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

Were either of them at fault for the goal? It looked like Christie then Bent.

Our problem at corners is beyond our CBs we are weak in the air, especially of Johnson isn't playing. WE miss Forsyth and Martin

No single player to blame but should Bent and Christie be the first two lines of defence at any set piece? We don't ever have a player on each post and we seem to have switched to defending zones rather than moving forwards and attacking the ball. It's not working and we're paying heavily for it. Villa were zero threat save for from set pieces today and the coaches and the players need to put it right. What was our greatest strength when Mac returned has become our most obvious weakness.

Yes, we miss Fozzy and Martin but we need to work out a way to cope in their absence.

12 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

17 points behind Huddersfield, that huge club who share it with Rugby !! What an amazing job that club has done, we get 30,000 some fancy training ground, the state of the art woven pitch (first of its kind) and 1 at Moor Farm, so we can get our stars to do slick passing - and we pick up 2 points in 12 and you get a sick feeling looking at the league table. 

Not as sick as I get of reading your same drivel every time we lose a match. 

You're like a broken record.

Performances, league position have nothing to do with how many people turn up. 

20 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

OMG another doom monger. SM has not spent 25 million at all. I think you will find most of that money was spent before him. Of course any true Derby supporter would know this

49 years a true Derby Fan so Bore off of course I know SM did not spend £25 mill the other clowns did and conned MM out of money, that being said in the Jan window he brought in Nugent and Le Sart, what happened to the lovely loans SM can pull on his network... 

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Come on! The ball was 45 metres from goal and he moved it back 2 yards which apparently was acceptable. He was just trying to get on with the game. Little wonder he was frustrated!

I know he was frustrated but he should be mature enough not to allow his frustration to descend to dissent which he did. Sorry, love Ince but no sympathy for him on this one. 

I hate to be negative I really do but last 4 seasons is just repeating itself 

russell 1 goal 0 assist that is not good enough but oh wait "he can defend" why don't we play him lb then, he's not good enough like a lot of the other players 

21 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

17 points behind Huddersfield, that huge club who share it with Rugby !! What an amazing job that club has done, we get 30,000 some fancy training ground, the state of the art woven pitch (first of its kind) and 1 at Moor Farm, so we can get our stars to do slick passing - and we pick up 2 points in 12 and you get a sick feeling looking at the league table. 

Huddersfield have won more league titles than Derby

That's about as relevant to your big club argument. 

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

No single player to blame but should Bent and Christie be the first two lines of defence at any set piece? We don't ever have a player on each post and we seem to have switched to defending zones rather than moving forwards and attacking the ball. It's not working and we're paying heavily for it. Villa were zero threat save for from set pieces today and the coaches and the players need to put it right. What was our greatest strength when Mac returned has become our most obvious weakness.

Yes, we miss Fozzy and Martin but we need to work out a way to cope in their absence.

They are our 3rd and 4th biggest/strongest players. 

We had to mark Jedinak, Baker, Chester and Kodija. 

Just now, sage said:

They are our 3rd and 4th biggest/strongest players. 

We had to mark Jedinak, Baker, Chester and Kodija. 

You're obsessed with height mate. If you're static jumping for the ball you've no chance against players running to meet it. Look at the tape and tell me who the CB's were meant to be picking up? It's not their fault but the system isn't working!

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

You're going on ignore mate :D

and there's me just awarding you 3 points for this dubious prediction ..

86 points     1,591
86 points
Members
1,115 posts
Posted Thursday at 18:26 · 
I've only ever predicted wins for the mighty Rams so in an effort to break a hoodoo I've clearly (but unintentionally) placed on the club I'll take one for the team and predict Villa 2-0 whilst quietly hoping we win 3-0 with an Ince hattrick.

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

You're obsessed with height mate. If you're static jumping for the ball you've no chance against players running to meet it. Look at the tape and tell me who the CB's were meant to be picking up? It's not their fault but the system isn't working!

Jedinak and Baker

4 minutes ago, mozza said:

and there's me just awarding you 3 points for this dubious prediction ..

86 points     1,591
86 points
Members
1,115 posts
Posted Thursday at 18:26 · 
I've only ever predicted wins for the mighty Rams so in an effort to break a hoodoo I've clearly (but unintentionally) placed on the club I'll take one for the team and predict Villa 2-0 whilst quietly hoping we win 3-0 with an Ince hattrick.

Well that's cheered me up no end!  Might as well go back to my usual 3-0 Derby win with Ince or Bent to score I guess!

Archived