Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to be mad really.  Whichever way u look at it,  Newcastle are a premier league team. 

Villa and Norwich have shown how hard it can be coming down to the championship,  but Newcastle are making it look easy overall.

Ah well.  Plenty of games left to make the playoffs.

34 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

The people getting really wound up by this game are the people who convinced themselves we were going to come here and win, who were saying that autos isn't out the realms of possibility. You're a victim of your own expectations.

If we were looking for a top two finish, I'd be gutted about how we're playing, but these are one of the two standout teams in the division who are effectively promoted already. This is sort of what you'd expect.

Obviously I want us to win every game and I get frustrated whenever we're not at it, but some people need to calm down. Let's not call for anyone's head based on one of the toughest games we'll have this season.

After all this spiel, I've just absolutely lost my mind in the last 10 minutes, how have we not grabbed a goal there, Jesus Christ 

Abdoul Camara did more in 30 minutes than Johnny Russell has done in 3 months.

I like Johnny, but boy he's been a complete passenger this season.

Ince lad..... that's a sitter.

Much better last 20 minutes. Wished it was from the outset. As someone alluded too, Newcastle are a Premier League team in all but name. Don't be disheartened, let's enjoy Wednesday. 

I like Diame..... 

The way i look at it is if we had drawn at ipswich and drawn at newcastle it would look an ok return from two away games....they are top and rightly so...no need to get to upset today. We have 3 very good chances to win games coming up at home....

Shame, good last 20 mins. Why couldn't we have put that kind of performance in for the whole game? We made them look good first half. 

Camara needs to start next game, he stretches the game and pins the opposition back, holds on to the ball well and just seems to make things happen. De Saart also did well.

Some promising signs in the last 20 and an interesting formation that could be worth another look 

Archived