Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

9 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

It's Newcastle not Barcelona we have to start turning up for the big games because if we get up every game will be this tough!

And we'd have new players to cope with the challenge.

Really don't see the need for us to throw our toys out of the pram for having an off colour day against the best squad in the league away from home. We've thrown a lot into the previous two games, and Newcastle have some wrongs to put right. It was likely to happen.

It's a 46 game season.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Yes. I said if Newcastle turn up.

Looks like they have. 1 shot we have had on target. Gutted Nugent injured as Bent has no composure in front of goal, either end !! Lol  We need something as we are falling behind Huddersfield, Leeds, Reading and just in touch with Sheff Wed 

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

The people getting really wound up by this game are the people who convinced themselves we were going to come here and win, who were saying that autos isn't out the realms of possibility. You're a victim of your own expectations.

If we were looking for a top two finish, I'd be gutted about how we're playing, but these are one of the two standout teams in the division who are effectively promoted already. This is sort of what you'd expect.

Obviously I want us to win every game and I get frustrated whenever we're not at it, but some people need to calm down. Let's not call for anyone's head based on one of the toughest games we'll have this season.

That's understandable but the performance has been terrible. We have showed absolutely nothing and would be 2 or 3 more behind but for Keogh's defending and Carson. I didn't expect us to get anything from this game but at least give it a right go rather than playing the easy option with every pass, QPR gave it a right go so we have got no excuse.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

The people getting really wound up by this game are the people who convinced themselves we were going to come here and win, who were saying that autos isn't out the realms of possibility. You're a victim of your own expectations.

If we were looking for a top two finish, I'd be gutted about how we're playing, but these are one of the two standout teams in the division who are effectively promoted already. This is sort of what you'd expect.

Obviously I want us to win every game and I get frustrated whenever we're not at it, but some people need to calm down. Let's not call for anyone's head based on one of the toughest games we'll have this season.

Stop being so sensible, you know how we like a good old moan

Just now, Andrew James said:

Looks like they have. 1 shot we have had on target. Gutted Nugent injured as Bent has no composure in front of goal, either end !! Lol  We need something as we are falling behind Huddersfield, Leeds, Reading and just in touch with Sheff Wed 

Falling behind? We were heading for League One when McClaren took over.

We overtook Wednesday on Tuesday night as well.

If we continue our points per game we've had since October, we will finish in the top 6.

Just now, Andrew James said:

Any idea when Nugent will be back?, he may just be unlucky but I do hope this doesn't turn out to be a signing that spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

QPR went there midweek, drew 2-2 and outplayed them for the majority of the match - don't understand why people are talking about Newcastle as if they are the best team in the world..we can get something easily - Sky say we are well on top 2nd half !!!!

Team Pearson performance again today.

We are a good championship , but currently miles off the top sides in this division.

We usually miss the maestro when he is not on his game or not playing -Some expecting too much from this team. 

Cannot believe we did not bring in somebody in January that can create like Will.

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

And we'd have new players to cope with the challenge.

Really don't see the need for us to throw our toys out of the pram for having a slightly off colour day against the best squad in the league away from home. We've thrown a lot into the previous two games, and Newcastle have some wrongs to put right. It was likely to happen.

It's a 46 game season.

No one's throwing there toys out of the pram people are making observations about this performance which is ****,but hopefully we can nick an equaliser ?

Archived