Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

Back to the game...we all seem to be enjoying watching Tom Ince play, including his team mates who have become slack jawed gawpers when the boy wonder is on the ball.  He needs players to play off but currently there is no one around him. I first noticed this at Leeds, but he boiled over again today and showed his displeasure at his team mates not keeping up. 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw most of the game and all in all i think we did alright.  Ince could well have equalized albeit against the run of play and Carson was fouled in the box, a clear penalty.  We were missing Hughes though obviously.  Not too downhearted, Newcastle are a PL setup, they will walk this league.  The points we need are coming in the next few games.  If we can keep our most important players fit, we will reach the playoffs.

45 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The performance in 2nd was a lot better and very unlucky to lose the game once carma came on he was a lot better and he took on newcastle players and we could have nicked and we made newcastle look a very very poor team in the 2nd half.

To be fair b4 you did call it with Camara and said he should play from the start.

Mac should listen!

It sounded as though Johnny Russell got a nasty bang on head early on so I wonder whether he should have been subbed off at that point.

10 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

Well just watched the highlights and according to Macca we put in an excellent performance and didn't deserve to lose...!

Certainly looked more of an even contest than it sounded earlier listening to Ramage and Co..though I suspect that's more down to Channel 5's editing..

Watched the game. We only attacked last fifteen, should have been losing by more than one. Yes two good chances but when comparing overall performance we were not at the races.

Only positive was the cameo role of Camara. Everyone else poor, Butterfield disery.

14 hours ago, Ninos said:

A forum is about expressing opinions. Who gives a rats azz when it is.

I never said it wasnt, nor did i say you had to be positive about yesterday, i was just pointing out that some people only seem to post, or post more when we lose than win.

48 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

How did the formation look at the end with Anya, Ince, Camara and Bent up front? If Bryson, Johnson and Russell are all injured, could we try that from the start/de sart?

Who do we have left for the 2? De sart and Butterfield? 

I'd say stick a kid in and let him gain experience - leave the cup for this season.

40 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I never said it wasnt, nor did i say you had to be positive about yesterday, i was just pointing out that some people only seem to post, or post more when we lose than win.

It's a difficult one because I have a natural negative bias and if I watch a game then sometimes I will post negatively about the performance or the players when in actual fact all I'm doing is evaluating how I've interpreted the game and players. There is no malice or misery intended just honest comments on the way my brain thinks about a game.

If it's a bad game and we think some players have been terrible then people should be able to highlight that and not get criticised for being negative.

The crux comes when positive games and performances do not get the same intense level of feeling and posting space. If it's bad and players are bad then by all means say so without getting personal. If it's good and players are good then post equally as passionately than you would a shocker. This is like you correctly point out Paul.

Some forums I read of other clubs you get to know certain posters. They post 3 or 4 times after a loss with no positives then when a good win comes along they either post a short one liner through gritted teeth like,"law of averages - had to come at some point" or they don't even post at all.

I'm not saying anyone on this forum shows these trends as I've not been on it long enough. I just enjoy reading everyone's views whether positive or negative and seeing disagreements rectified amicably and respectfully.

When you look at their team and squad it is always likely that they will boss most games at their ground, the QPR game gave them a shake so Benitez changed the team.

It sounded as though (not for the first time) we weren't brave enough with the ball and Hughes was definitely needed in that game.

Have a go at teams from now on with pace, we have nothing to lose.

Just got back, my take as follows..

Great weekend, many laughs, great city to be fair, good boozers, nice restaurants, nice weather for Feb..

Have to agree with the respect thing, no idea why we don't put some of these teams in the back foot more.. Easier said than done but we are capable without a doubt. Missed Hughes IMO, we seem really inconsistent in the midfield. 

Dont get the we were quiet comments really, we were singing for most of the game. I've been to poorer away atmosheres with Derby.

We were in that sports bar by the ground before the game but they did not like Derb songs in there so eventually got ejected. 

Few scuffles as we came down those stairs at the end. More yoofs than anything else and us olduns were too knackered after all those stairs. Nothing much really. Did not see anything else after that.

Would be happy to scramble 6th this season but others are looking to have hit some form. Watched Huddersfield the other night and they are bang on it.. All in with a chance but we need to be more attacking in our mindset. We won't play Ipswich every week. 

On to Leicester now.. COYR.

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Great weekend, many laughs, great city to be fair, good boozers, nice restaurants, nice weather for Feb..

Have to agree with the respect thing, no idea why we don't put some of these teams in the back foot more.. Easier said than done but we are capable without a doubt. Missed Hughes IMO, we seem really inconsistent in the midfield. 

Dont get the we were quiet comments really, we were singing for most of the game. I've been to poorer away atmosheres with Derby.

We were in that sports bar by the ground before the game but they did not like Derb songs in there so eventually got ejected. 

Few scuffles as we came down those stairs at the end. More yoofs than anything else and us olduns were too knackered after all those stairs. Nothing much really. Did not see anything else after that.

Would be happy to scramble 6th this season but others are looking to have hit some form. Watched Huddersfield the other night and they are bang on it.. All in with a chance but we need to be more attacking in our mindset. We won't play Ipswich every week. 

Long azz trip for you brother ... good god you're d l f loyal! :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Someone threw a stick at us just outside the ground, over a hedge....scary :ph34r:

We've just got back, went to a Wetherspoons on the Quayside and had a walk along the Tyne, sun was out and it was lovely. 

Good weekend, just a shame about the result. Ah well.  

2 hours ago, MrsRam said:

Someone threw a stick at us just outside the ground, over a hedge....scary :ph34r:

We've just got back, went to a Wetherspoons on the Quayside and had a walk along the Tyne, sun was out and it was lovely. 

Good weekend, just a shame about the result. Ah well.  

We stayed at The Copthorne on the Quayside.. Nice room overlooking the river.

just watched the sky Highlights - god knows how Tom didn't equalise!! and i thought that final header was in - i was right behind it - as i sneaked in the Geordie end with my lad....

We had beers at Rosies - full of Mags and Rams - had a great day out - but pity we didn't pick up a point

Good place Newcastle - they seemed to have bought no-one this time  - and think they have enough to go up - they are probably good enough for the Autos

We stayed at the Holiday Inn  - Jesmond  - good place and few Rams in there

Both my kids at University in the City - so made for a good weekend

19 hours ago, ramit said:

i saw most of the game and all in all i think we did alright.  Ince could well have equalized albeit against the run of play and Carson was fouled in the box, a clear penalty.  We were missing Hughes though obviously.  Not too downhearted, Newcastle are a PL setup, they will walk this league.  The points we need are coming in the next few games.  If we can keep our most important players fit, we will reach the playoffs.

I was able to watch it online too ;)

The foul on Carson was actually unbelievable, it started with a tussle, and ended with their player body slamming him to the ground. Its possibly the worst case of manhandling at a corner i have ever seen. It was something I expect to see in the superbowl tonight, except Carson was running with the ball in his hands!

Having said that, we didnt deserve anything from the game. If we had snatched a draw it would have been day light robbery the way they totalled dominated us for 70-75 mins.

On 2/4/2017 at 17:26, Paul71 said:

yes you are quite right, its human nature to find it easier to be negative than positive sometimes.

On 2/4/2017 at 17:31, Ninos said:

Human nature? lol. What you on about? You being boring @eddie part two? We are supposed to smile and give a thumbs up to that performance? Newcastle aren't that good. We are better than that. First half we paid far too much respect. Get real Paul. 

LMFAO - Doubtless @Paul71 would sooner be a 'boring @eddie' clone than a poor man's @toddy :p

Archived