Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

* aren't as good as Newcastle.

If we're anything other than one hundred per cent, and Newcastle turn up, then we are never going to win.

But it's not the end of the world. We don't have to be that good to get promoted. We just need to be better than 18 other teams over the course of the season and then cope with the madness of three completely crazy matches.

No need for doom and gloom. It's frustrating, but not damning. 

It's Newcastle not Barcelona we have to start turning up for the big games because if we get up every game will be this tough!

The people getting really wound up by this game are the people who convinced themselves we were going to come here and win, who were saying that autos isn't out the realms of possibility. You're a victim of your own expectations.

If we were looking for a top two finish, I'd be gutted about how we're playing, but these are one of the two standout teams in the division who are effectively promoted already. This is sort of what you'd expect.

Obviously I want us to win every game and I get frustrated whenever we're not at it, but some people need to calm down. Let's not call for anyone's head based on one of the toughest games we'll have this season.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

The people getting really wound up by this game are the people who convinced themselves we were going to come here and win, who were saying that autos isn't out the realms of possibility. You're a victim of your own expectations.

If we were looking for a top two finish, I'd be gutted about how we're playing, but these are one of the two standout teams in the division who are effectively promoted already. This is sort of what you'd expect.

Obviously I want us to win every game and I get frustrated whenever we're not at it, but some people need to calm down. Let's not call for anyone's head based on one of the toughest games we'll have this season.

No. Convinced we would try to play some positive football thats all.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Besides, having 11 scapegoats won't work.

Some of the posters can't count that high.

Archived