Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

Just now, Duracell said:

And we'd have new players to cope with the challenge.

Really don't see the need for us to throw our toys out of the pram for having a slightly off colour day against the best squad in the league away from home. We've thrown a lot into the previous two games, and Newcastle have some wrongs to put right. It was likely to happen.

It's a 46 game season.

it's not just a one off game though, we do have a tendency to bottle it in the big games (the cup run this season being an exception). 

We're desperately missing Hughes today, we do tend to notice his absences, but it's then up to the player replacing him to match his input to the team. Butterfield categorically doesn't do that, hence why when Hughes is out we tend to struggle. I'd much rather see Hanson there than Butterfield at the minute, Butterfield isn't offering much of anything and as such, we're being over-run in midfield and losing the game.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, YorkshireRam said:

it's not just a one off game though, we do have a tendency to bottle it in the big games (the cup run this season being an exception). 

We're desperately missing Hughes today, we do tend to notice his absences, but it's then up to the player replacing him to match his input to the team. Butterfield categorically doesn't do that, hence why when Hughes is out we tend to struggle. I'd much rather see Hanson there than Butterfield at the minute, Butterfield isn't offering much of anything and as such, we're being over-run in midfield and losing the game.

Spot regarding Hughes, I still cannot believe we didn't bring a creative midfielder in last month.

Archived