Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

No doubt this thread will end up with more pages than the ipswich one...we always have more to say when we lose.

Any club football forum would be the same, not just exclusive to ours 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's being asked to play a game that isn't his first choice. He didn't get a lot of decent ball today, the last minute corner was about it. Still, he's better than Vydra! (Oh and Blackman can't even get in the squad!)

He's not better than Vydra ... not even close.

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Martin would have been a vast improvement. I was actually angry watching Bent - he really looked like he could care less. Flicking headers to no one getting caught offside and just getting dispossesed so easily. If he's not going to bother then he should ask to sit.

I love bent for his goals but in reality he is not a 90 minutes striker or player who brings the rest of the team into play...He's a brilliant substitute impact player.

Can't wait to see how Nugent performs in the role and obviously looking forwards to Martin next season...

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Any club football forum would be the same, not just exclusive to ours 

yes you are quite right, its human nature to find it easier to be negative than positive sometimes.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

yes you are quite right, its human nature to find it easier to be negative than positive sometimes.

Human nature? lol. What you on about? You being boring @eddie part two? We are supposed to smile and give a thumbs up to that performance? Newcastle aren't that good. We are better than that. First half we paid far too much respect. Get real Paul. 

8 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Gotta win next couple of games if we have any chance to get in playoffs at the end well regret not strengthening enough in January this season the players were there to get we just don't have good enough scouts to get them :( 

I've not been too chuffed with some of our signings in the last 2 years but if other clubs have secured players who would have improved our starting X1 (NOT squad) then that's nowt to do with scouting.

Either McClaren didn't want them, MM said 'no' to the fees being asked, players were offered better terms elsewhere, clubs didn't want to sell to us or players, for whatever reason, didn't want to come to Derby. Nothing to do with scouting. That doesn't mean that our scouting network isn't as thorough and effective as it needs to be at this level.

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I love bent for his goals but in reality he is not a 90 minutes striker or player who brings the rest of the team into play...He's a brilliant substitute impact player.

Can't wait to see how Nugent performs in the role and obviously looking forwards to Martin next season...

Not if we go up, better forwards than Martin will come in. But we could have done with him now. 

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Human nature? lol. What you on about? You being boring @eddie part two? We are supposed to smile and give a thumbs up to that performance? Newcastle aren't that good. We are better than that. First half we paid far too much respect. Get real Paul. 

No problem with people expressing their opinions, it just seems that those opinions are expressed more often when we lose than win thats all.

25 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Gotta win next couple of games if we have any chance to get in playoffs at the end well regret not strengthening enough in January this season the players were there to get we just don't have good enough scouts to get them :( 

So you recognised our shortcomings and our scouts didn't?

You have either got a very low opinion of the people working for Derby or a very high opinion of yourself.

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I might be boring but at least I'm not as thick as pigshit.

33 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

You should offer your services to the club. 

I keep reading Newcastle aren't that good

Just looked at the league table and their results this season. They are good. Honest.

Better than Derby who were winning the world cup after the Ipswich game but heading for the conference after the Leeds game.

Get some tissues boys and find yourselves a corner. You're embarrassing yourselves weekly 

Archived