Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

The midfield has been tragic, shows how important Hughesy is for us.

So the same midfield ( without Hughes ) that helped batter Ipswich is still tragic ? 

Its the new Derby way brilliant one game then bang average the next :( 

just need to keep pressure on teams.

2 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

So the same midfield ( without Hughes ) that helped batter Ipswich is still tragic ? 

Ipswich were extremely poor though. Newcastle are a much better side than Ipswich and us - hence why they are dominating midfield at the moment. Not saying we can't turn it around, but would seem  unlikely to me.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

To be honest we just aren't good enough.

* aren't as good as Newcastle.

If we're anything other than one hundred per cent, and Newcastle turn up, then we are never going to win.

But it's not the end of the world. We don't have to be that good to get promoted. We just need to be better than 18 other teams over the course of the season and then cope with the madness of three completely crazy matches.

No need for doom and gloom. It's frustrating, but not damning. 

Just now, Whoneedshuls said:

Ipswich are appalling, Newcastle aren't. The 3rd goal was some of the worst defending I think I've ever seen from a side above League One. We were good mind, better than today but smashing a poor side doesn't convince me, beating teams like Newcastle does.

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

* aren't as good as Newcastle.

If we're anything other than one hundred per cent, and Newcastle turn up, then we are never going to win.

But it's not the end of the world. We don't have to be that good to get promoted. We just need to be better than 18 other teams over the course of the season and then cope with the madness of three completely crazy matches.

No need for doom and gloom. It's frustrating, but not damning. 

Huddersfield beat them, QPR got a draw we seem to lack lustre today but still 30 minutes left. 

Archived