Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ninos said:

Never seen a more static midfielder. He produced one deflected goal, and did a few nice little flicks. He can't head the ball and is arguably the worst tackler on the team. 

Was excellent during his first season with us. Moves the ball around well and knows how to pick a pass (and used to know how to find the back of the net). He's not in the side to be a "tackler" arguably and at 5ft11, I'm not surprised he struggles with headers in a league like the Championship. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They're a team of winners because they managed to scrape luckily through the playoffs? I mean, they are promoted, so there is an argument for it, but the playoffs are always notoriously hit and miss.

I was referring to the mismanaged club who've spunked millions bit.

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Ince is a very talented footballer and on his day can win a game by himself.

The team has never looked totally convincing though with Tom in the side. 

Maybe we were spoiled by the football we saw after Mac took over Cloughs team, maybe that type of glorious passing football was just a fluke where the players at that time gelled perfectly in a formation that suited them. For all Ince's individual skill I don't believe the team plays particularly well for any great length of time so   If we get a silly offer of £12m we should take it and scour the leagues for a younger version of Jamie Ward.

It wasn't a "fluke"-I think it had something to do with players like Thorne,Martin,Bamford ,Forsyth ,Ward and Wisdom being in the side,plus Russell doing well,at that time.I don't think that Ince,for all his ability,is a "Rowett type" It's academic what we think,it's all down to him and if we could get £12m or more  for him and get 2/3 new players in to improve the squad,we'll be fine.Rowett will have alternatives in mind and,if Ince goes,I'd happily get Tom Lawrence from Leicester if he's available?

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Surely we are meant to be improving the squad not weakening it. I am all for offloading players if we improve on them ie Davies, Wisdom.

Of course, but if someone pays more than player's market value is, he should be sold. This is not the last transfer window in the world (eventhough it might be Riggott's last).

Sell overpriced players, get bargains in, we've done latter with Davies.That's how you improve your squad in long run.

Here's a thought what if Ince has a similar contract to the one he had at Hull ????  With a fixed price where where we got him on the cheap ????

anyway a £2.5 million profit on Ince is half an Anya ( just to put it in context) 

40 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

The other two would surely get a shot first? None of them have done well particularly, but Blackman is the least effective out wide

I guess time will tell. None of them have really had enough of a chance for me to say definitively who would get first crack at that position.

Merely a feeling that Blackman would be the preferred option.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If he has to go I would be unhappy if it was for anything less than £10 million. Having said that I would rather seem him stay because I think he is bloody excellent.

Rather keep Ince because I think he'll go on and score 20+ goals as long with say around 10-15+ assists. We just need another players to get on it rather than being on holiday mode. ?

I hope this doesn't happen, we simply can't sell our best creative player. If it's a question of money then surely we can offload fringe players to make the money Huddlesfield are offering for ince. My other concern is that yes I understand GR wants to make us difficult to beat but in recent history the teams who have gone up and survived are teams playing attacking football. This surely must be the long term aim so please Gary I don't want to be a Middlesbrough or a billy davies Derby . I want attacking football with creative players with very reliable defenders behind them which it looks like you have bought in. 

We paid £5m when he had just 1 year left on his contract. Since then the market went crazy. £15m minimum.

How or where would we begin to replace him though. I would love Ibe on loan. Just done some reading and Howe is quoted as saying that the £15 million fee they paid was vastly inflated. Therefore we should negotiate an option to buy for £10m or so.

My first choice would be to keep him. Especially if Wisdom is behind him. 

20 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Of course, but if someone pays more than player's market value is, he should be sold. This is not the last transfer window in the world (eventhough it might be Riggott's last).

Sell overpriced players, get bargains in, we've done latter with Davies.That's how you improve your squad in long run.

I wasn't disagreeing with that, more the replacements you named.

Archived