Derby vs Wigan - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Why get a grip, we have no left back, JR can't score, Bent is to be fair not doing anything, and if it wasn't for Ince we would be 8 points worse off. 30,000 at home so no I won't get a grip as I see Huddersfield above us... oh and Bournemouth in the premier league for 2 years with an average of 10,000 at home. 

Always like it when the circus is in town.

Did you get new shoes and wig this Xmas?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Sorry to pick your post out but not sure why we need a new striker when you already identified the problem that we created nothing.

I also think the best strikers will create his own chances by movement or link up play. If you have that focal point, it allows the midfielders like bryson and butterfield to move on. Bent likes to hide behind defenders which means that he, very often, isn't an option. Should've probably phrased my point better though 

3 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

I also think the best strikers will create his own chances by movement or link up play. If you have that focal point, it allows the midfielders like bryson and butterfield to move on. Bent likes to hide behind defenders which means that he, very often, isn't an option. Should've probably phrased my point better though 

Fair point.

Thought the movement from our forwards today was ok, just too slow moving the ball forward in my opinion.

Can only say we were fortunate that Wigan cannot score.

0-0 clean sheet - but to be honest lacked any magic to open them up and now Hughes is out for a couple of games - sometimes we do look like an average championship side today was one of them.

Fans would have whined if Pearson was still in charge with that display.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Genuinely ask yourself, would it have been this bad with Sako, Martin and Lansbury in the team in place of Russell, Bent and Butterfield. 

Each one offers significantly more goal threat, more creativity and more skill.

I think some of us of the forum could have provided more spark today than the 3 you listed that played today!! 

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Can only say we were fortunate that Wigan cannot score.

0-0 clean sheet - but to be honest lacked any magic to open them up and now Hughes is out for a couple of games - sometimes we do look like an average championship side today was one of them.

Fans would have whined if Pearson was still in charge with that display.

Whined?

Some people would have been at the main entrance with pitchforks if Wassall was still in charge with that display.

7 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

A good point only if we beat Norwich. Can't see us beating Norwich away but we'll see. This could be the start of our losing streak. We have been lucky recently 

Poor result today regardless of what we do against Norwich.  A win against Norwich would be an excellent result regardless of what we did today.  No reason at all to start pairing games together, and reassessing a single performance based on what happened in a previous or subsequent game.

Just a nightmare team.to play,11 behind the ball and no real intention to score....on the other hand we lacked impact around the box and would have benefited from martins ability to hold it up in the box and distribute to the midfield around him.

the numerous long balls into the box today were at times excellent but there was no one to control it down to the floor against a team like this.

Always difficult to beat teams that plonk eleven men behind the ball at all times. When we did have the chance of a break it never happened. Just too slow build up like watching Clements team again. 

Weve got some of the quickest wingers in the league and none would take warnock on!!!

oh well, another point and clean sheet. Can't win them all but if you can't win don't lose.

happy new year folks

Archived