Derby vs Wigan - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another clean sheet is a bonus.

Lack of creativity is the major flaw in our promotion bid. We've become very reliant on Tom Ince or opposition mistakes of late to get us results.

Any disciplined and organised side willing to put men behind the ball will have a good chance of stiffling us and restricting us to a maximum of one goal. 

Wigan really have become a bogey side for us at Pride Park. No win against them since 1985!

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

So transfer market and spend big if we have any chance. Bent is washed up and a 0-0 draw will be well done as a clean sheet. Brighton would have trashed this mob..

And I thought I was a miserable sod. These results happen. There's no need to take the revolver out of the desk drawer just yet.

Lacked creativity today. Ince can't do it all on his own and we can't expect him to score every game. Russell was not good enough and hasn't been for weeks now. Martin or another striker is needed in Jan. Another clean sheet though, thanks to poor finishing by Wigan mostly, onwards and upwards.

I was there so not basing this on RD's views, but it was a game where Wigan came to play anti-football and did it very well. Shame we couldn't break them. down but it is very difficult to find space when 21 men are in one half of the pitch. 

Desperately needed a centre forward who can hold it up and bring others into the game... maybe we'll have one soon :ph34r:

Disappointing but not disaster.

Well, I fancied a win against a team that have lost five on the bounce but the lads' credit is good with me, I'm not going to rant and rave about the result, top 6 would have been nice to finish the year off but being there in May is the important thing I suppose.

Happy New Year all. 

Hilarious isn't it? Ten games unbeaten, a run that includes 8 wins and all it takes is one 0-0 home result to bring the wrist slashers out.

Wigan have conceded the same amount of goals as Reading who sit in 3rd place. Not many teams 'trash this mob'...

2 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Sheff Wed scored so 1-1.. so a crap day in the end, we should beat Wigan. 

You should go follow Sheff Wed then following your own logic...

8 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Follow Preston then, we are still 0-0 with a toothless Forward where only Ince scores. 

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

Lacked creativity today. Ince can't do it all on his own and we can't expect him to score every game. Russell was not good enough and hasn't been for weeks now. Martin or another striker is needed in Jan. Another clean sheet though, thanks to poor finishing by Wigan mostly, onwards and upwards.

LB_DCFC eh?

Can you play LB?

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Get a grip.

Why get a grip, we have no left back, JR can't score, Bent is to be fair not doing anything, and if it wasn't for Ince we would be 8 points worse off. 30,000 at home so no I won't get a grip as I see Huddersfield above us... oh and Bournemouth in the premier league for 2 years with an average of 10,000 at home. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Hilarious isn't it? Ten games unbeaten, a run that includes 8 wins and all it takes is one 0-0 home result to bring the wrist slashers out.

Wigan have conceded the same amount of goals as Reading who sit in 3rd place. Not many teams 'trash this mob'...

No-one trashes a mob that includes Sir Jake. 

Just now, Andrew James said:

Why get a grip, we have no left back, JR can't score, Bent is to be fair not doing anything, and if it wasn't for Ince we would be 8 points worse off. 30,000 at home so no I won't get a grip as I see Huddersfield above us... oh and Bournemouth in the premier league for 2 years with an average of 10,000 at home. 

200_s.gif

5 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

So transfer market and spend big if we have any chance. Bent is washed up and a 0-0 draw will be well done as a clean sheet. Brighton would have trashed this mob..

Who cares about that 10 game unbeaten run? A 0-0 draw at home vs Wigan is a sackable offence no matter what form we're on! McClaren OUT!

Archived