Derby vs Wigan - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Poor result today regardless of what we do against Norwich.  A win against Norwich would be an excellent result regardless of what we did today.  No reason at all to start pairing games together, and reassessing a single performance based on what happened in a previous or subsequent game.

Performances, games and seasons get paired and assessed together obviously. As do players performances in subsequent and previous games. It's called form. That's what we do in football we talk about form. What a moron. 

Well that was utterly woeful, think anyone saying otherwise is blinded by the fact mcclaren is in charge. Exactly what I expected to happen, we were complacent and thought it was a walk in the park, only thank god they didn't capitalise on our midfield errors. If johnny Russell starts on Monday I think I'll have a break down, the bloke is ******* useless, no threat at all, god knows what favours he's doing to keep his place...

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Funny ain't it, Derby fans having nothing but negative views about the team...

Hate to say it but fans were lethargic today. Little encouragement, no reaction to getting corners or throw ins in the final third. Yes players do need to do their bit, but when there is no reaction to getting corners, then there's no excuse. Felt like people couldn't wait to leave. 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Hate to say it but fans were lethargic today. Little encouragement, no reaction to getting corners or throw ins in the final third. Yes players do need to do their bit, but when there is no reaction to getting corners, then there's no excuse. Felt like people couldn't wait to leave. 

The fans were lethargic because the players didn't give us anything to get excited about, we were far too slow in passing and really some players didn't give their all for me today, no urgency to our play whatsoever, and frankly certain players should be ashamed of the complacency of some of their passes- a simple lack of focus nearly cost us many times

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

There were also people booing today at both half time and full time. Some people are never happy. Yes we were crap today but it did make me laugh 

Yes there was....won 8 drawn 2 in 10....and some idiot fans think its OK to boo. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well that was utterly woeful, think anyone saying otherwise is blinded by the fact mcclaren is in charge. Exactly what I expected to happen, we were complacent and thought it was a walk in the park, only thank god they didn't capitalise on our midfield errors. If johnny Russell starts on Monday I think I'll have a break down, the bloke is ******* useless, no threat at all, god knows what favours he's doing to keep his place...

Mean this in the nicest possible way, but Russell does not have a footballing brain. Fans overlook that because he has "passion." He literally  ran into Anya and Hughes a couple of times today and kept getting in their way. I'd be very disappointed if he started on Monday but then again the options to replace him aren't exactly the greatest. The left wing position is certainly an area we need to improve on in January by signing someone like Sako.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mean this in the nicest possible way, but Russell does not have a footballing brain. Fans overlook that because he has "passion." He literally  ran into Anya and Hughes a couple of times today and kept getting in their way. I'd be very disappointed if he started on Monday but then again the options to replace him aren't exactly the greatest. The left wing position is certainly an area we need to improve on in January by signing someone like Sako.

Exactly what I feel, I get so frustrated when fans try to tell me he's better than Ince because 'at least he tries!' Well bloody hurrah sometimes he runs a bit more than Ince, but where does he do? Absolutely nowhere, straight into a dead end time and time again. When Ince gets the ball there's always the chance of a goal, because he's intelligent enough to beat players without just running. I'd put weimann in on Monday and then look for a permanent option, sako would be my choice as well

Not quite sure what we were getting at with Hughes and Butterfield playing pretty much level with Bent the whole game. Left us with no creativity. Best chance of the game sadly fell to Russell.

Winger, striker (or Martin back) and left back priority in Jan. 

Is Will missing for Norwich and Leeds or does the cup game count?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

The fans were lethargic because the players didn't give us anything to get excited about, we were far too slow in passing and really some players didn't give their all for me today, no urgency to our play whatsoever, and frankly certain players should be ashamed of the complacency of some of their passes- a simple lack of focus nearly cost us many times

I do agree with what you are saying and I'm not trying to take the heat from the players, they were poor today. But, I will always maintain that it does work both ways. Sometimes as fans you can force out that 10% by getting the atmosphere going but there was no interest today.

I think fans are 'expecting to win' rather than trying to effect things themselves. Today had a worrying similarity to McLarens second season. Sadly teams know if they can keep Derby quiet for 20 mins then the fans go quiet. I'm worried there will be more games like today where we are not exactly doing our part as a fortress. I bet Wigan loved playing in front of us today. As a whole, did you think the atmosphere was anywhere near where it should be ?

Man of the match Carson 

midfield and forwards pretty dammed woeful, little movement although Bryson looked to make runs nobody has the ability to pass the ball forward in an offensive manner 

hughes and butterfield are ok as a pair if we are winning but so sluggish when trying to do anything

i thought we had one chance which Russell should have got on target but that was it, basically fairly gash and lucky to get a point after our midfielders and the linesman put Wigan in on four occasions 

a lot of improvement needed to go to Norwich on Monday 

Disappointing result, obviously greater expectations from us all after our run of good form.Wigan generally do well against us but on the positive side other results didnt do us any harm ,another clean sheet .

Onwards and upwards for 2017 ,have a great evening fellow Ram fans and lets hope for a prosperous,healthy, happy  new year to you all

Just now, TuffLuff said:

I do agree with what you are saying and I'm not trying to take the heat from the players, they were poor today. But, I will always maintain that it does work both ways. Sometimes as fans you can force out that 10% by getting the atmosphere going but there was no interest today.

I think fans are 'expecting to win' rather than trying to effect things themselves. Today had a worrying similarity to McLarens second season. Sadly teams know if they can keep Derby quiet for 20 mins then the fans go quiet. I'm worried there will be more games like today where we are not exactly doing our part as a fortress. I bet Wigan loved playing in front of us today. As a whole, did you think the atmosphere was anywhere near where it should be ?

No not at all, but it is very difficult for the fans to fire up when the team isn't giving them anything, I did think towards the end we did get better once we started to look a little more threatening however. It's a viscous circle, but it all starts with the players starting the game complacently and thinking it's in the bag, once they do that and we start struggling then building up the atmosphere is difficult

Archived