Derby vs Wigan - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds pretty awful if Stadler and Waldorf on Radio Derby are to be believed.

Still little in the way of attacking flair. Lots of running with no end product?

If they aren't confident after the run they've been on they never will be!

However, an ugly 1-0 win will do.

You think it's bad? Imagine being a Wigan fan paying to come to Derby, on New Years Eve, watching your team sit with 29% possession in the freezing cold. Wouldn't blame them if they went home at half time. There's better places to be celebrating the final day of 2016 than with this misery.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

You think it's bad? Imagine being a Wigan fan paying to come to Derby, on New Years Eve, watching your team sit with 29% possession in the freezing cold. Wouldn't blame them if they went home at half time. There's better places to be celebrating the final day of 2016 than with this misery.

At least they've hit the post and made the keeper work. Wigan could have a subbuteo goalie.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Presumably, leaving at half-time involves going back to Wigan, so there are also worse places to be than Pride Park.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

At least they've hit the post and make the keeper work. Wigan could have a subbuteo goalie.

Two shots on target? Ten in total?

I mean it's not great, I'm not saying it is, but we've had more shots, more of the ball and the majority of the play. We should be doing far better but it's far from atrocious. We've also had a load of shots blocked by their defensive line. We're just not breaking through, that's all. We're not short of creativity or attacking intent, we're just not unlocking the door yet.

If you **** yourself every time we hit a minor obstacle like this, you must have some badly stained underwear watching Derby for all these years.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Two shots on target? Ten in total?

I mean it's not great, I'm not saying it is, but we've had more shots, more of the ball and the majority of the play. We should be doing far better but it's far from atrocious. We've also had a load of shots blocked by their defensive line. We're just not breaking through, that's all. We're not short of creativity or attacking intent, we're just not unlocking the door yet.

If you **** yourself every time we hit a minor obstacle like this, you must have some badly stained underwear watching Derby for all these years.

Well, who hasn't got a special pair of brown match day trousers?

How bad have we been? I'm not one to criticise Radio Derby, but I have to say Dawes and Ramage have been overly negative in their tone from kick off. I understand this is a game we should comfortably win and their frustrated, but they painted such a poor picture first half I was expecting to hear boos at half time. Not enjoying listening to it at all.

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

How bad have we been? I'm not one to criticise Radio Derby, but I have to say Dawes and Ramage have been overly negative in their tone from kick off. I understand this is a game we should comfortably win and their frustrated, but they painted such a poor picture first half I was expecting to hear boos at half time. Not enjoying listening to it at all.

My stance with RD is it's just better than not having live commentary.  It's severely lacking quality though.    

Archived