Derby vs Wigan - matchday thread.

Rev

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Not quite sure what we were getting at with Hughes and Butterfield playing pretty much level with Bent the whole game. Left us with no creativity. Best chance of the game sadly fell to Russell.

Winger, striker (or Martin back) and left back priority in Jan. 

Is Will missing for Norwich and Leeds or does the cup game count?

Cup will count - prob a good thing. League more important.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, toddy said:

Can only say we were fortunate that Wigan cannot score.

0-0 clean sheet - but to be honest lacked any magic to open them up and now Hughes is out for a couple of games - sometimes we do look like an average championship side today was one of them.

Fans would have whined if Pearson was still in charge with that display.

Maybe not if it came after the points haul we've just had?

I would have thought that obvious 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No not at all, but it is very difficult for the fans to fire up when the team isn't giving them anything, I did think towards the end we did get better once we started to look a little more threatening however. It's a viscous circle, but it all starts with the players starting the game complacently and thinking it's in the bag, once they do that and we start struggling then building up the atmosphere is difficult

Aye, just a disappointing day all round.

To be honest I just get annoyed that Buxton seem to get the biggest response all afternoon from the crowd, and a lot of talk before was about the return of buxton. I'd rather concentrate on getting the three points and give him a clap at the end, as the match should be about us and not him. Exactly what you said though about complatency, everyone thought it'd be 3 points and Buxton would be happy to get a big cheer.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

That was absolutely terrible. Worse than we played under Pearson. I'm not exaggerating by saying that only Carson was good today. Everyone else was average and below. Oh well , I went let it get me bogged down, happy new year folks

Anya wasn't bad :ph34r: but that was so so boring ... but now it's time to PARTAY 

Very poor performance. Players knew what Wigan would do today but a mixture of complacency (?) , lack of creativity and focus cost them. Lucky to get a point.

Lots of players off their game but Johnny, as much as I like him and he gives 100% every game, really looks out of touch to me and could do with a rest. Anya good going forward but defensively he makes us weaker.....even though it was, just, 0-0 today.

I know lots of people hate to hear this but in truth we miss Martin, or his type of player, a lot. It was key to how we played our attractive football. He was the focal point or fulcrumand held the ball up and brought midfield players into the forward third. Bent just can't and won't do that. He pro a lay touched the ball 8 times today...

Ah well, bad day all round barring Carson really..... 

Got the point they at least deserved Wigan. Should have been out of sight 1st half. 

Well done Wigan for bringing 2 buses. Strong, harried us, blocked us. We didn't have enough magic to cut the hole.

moved the ball far too slowly. Should have killed them in the first 20 mins when they were patchy and nervous but we hung back. By the time we realised they weren't very good it was too late and they had gained their fighting spirit. Carson .. Well done. Anya .. What a great wriggling little player. Everyone else well off it. 

4 months ago we would have lost that in the 87th minute. As it is we got a point and remain unbeaten in 10 so despite being bored and frustrated I am thinking not so bad really. Steve need his thinking hat because it was too easy for an average side to shut us down. Russell and Butters to the bench .. 2 of Bryson / Camara / Weiman / Vydra to be given a start. 

15 minutes ago, jono said:

Well done Wigan for bringing 2 buses. Strong, harried us, blocked us. We didn't have enough magic to cut the hole.

moved the ball far too slowly. Should have killed them in the first 20 mins when they were patchy and nervous but we hung back. By the time we realised they weren't very good it was too late and they had gained their fighting spirit. Carson .. Well done. Anya .. What a great wriggling little player. Everyone else well off it. 

4 months ago we would have lost that in the 87th minute. As it is we got a point and remain unbeaten in 10 so despite being bored and frustrated I am thinking not so bad really. Steve need his thinking hat because it was too easy for an average side to shut us down. Russell and Butters to the bench .. 2 of Bryson / Camara / Weiman / Vydra to be given a start. 

Russell should have scored the one game done 

Typical response... All of the moaners who have hated McLaren coming back crawl out of the woodwork at the first opportunity.......loving their chance to get a good whinge in

And this after 8 wins,2 draws and a single loss under him

Wouldn't you be better off supporting force where you could whinge every week

Good grief

Archived