Derby vs Wigan - matchday thread.

Rev

You cannot compare Aleppo bombings to my personal observations about the entertainment value in 2 games of football.

In my post you quoted I highlighted everyone was doing so well on this run we're on so can't complain yet you point out that I'm complaining.

I'm not complaining. Just saying that I thought the games were terrible to watch. That's not taking away the effort and endeavour from the players in both games which I've already posted are much appreciated. More that they weren't good to watch.

That's ok. Not every game is going to be good to watch. These two weren't but we still got 4 points. Praise already given for that.

Terrible was a word to describe my observation about the quality of football and not to describe the Derby players or their efforts and achievements in terms of points returns in those two games.

I too respect your opinion although I just wanted to point this out as I think people might have misjudged my intentions and got the wrong end of the stick so to speak.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

You've just done it again.....

Neither were terrible games of football, they were both really good championship matches, against teams with different agendas to ours . Just because we didn't score a hatful and thrash the opposition doesn't mean that they didn't have merit.

Terrible is Allepo and bombs going off in Baghdad and Istanbul 

Terrible is not taking four points from six and not conceding at Pride Park in the two games of football you mention

In my book thats perspective, although of course you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that Tony.

Perspective would also be taking written words, and measuring them in the context and environment they're posted in.

If I was to leave a comment at the end of a news report on the Istanbul nightclub attacks, saying nevermind the dead, weren't Derby terrible yesterday, your point would be valid.

Saying Derby were terrible yesterday on a football forum dedicated to Derby is a tad harsh imo, but he's not saying it's terrible compared to everything, just to recent Derby performances.

Should we always think of the worse thing in the world before we make a comparison, or do we trust most people will apply context reasonably?

I'm not saying that Derby were terrible yesterday in terms of the players apart from maybe one or two. I'm saying that the performance as a spectacle was terrible although second half especially the players did quite well and put in the effort. It just didn't work out in the end.

The Derby players by and large put in the effort but for one reason or another things didn't come off as they'd hoped.

The spectacle was terrible not necessary the players and their efforts. If this makes sense? Giving myself a bleedin' headache with this now. :lol:

I just don't want to be accused of negativity and criticising players when other than Bent I've done no such thing and rarely do.

Archived