Derby vs Wigan - matchday thread.

Rev

Games are falling perfectly for us. Wigan will come for a point...and we can rotate a couple of players if we need to. We don't need to take them lightly but we can assume they will be defensive and maybe rest Johnny and bring in Camara as we won't need him working back. Bryson in for JB to get beyond striker. Not going to be lots of room in behind so not sure Vydra will be the best option though. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Games are falling perfectly for us. Wigan will come for a point...and we can rotate a couple of players if we need to. We don't need to take them lightly but we can assume they will be defensive and maybe rest Johnny and bring in Camara as we won't need him working back. Bryson in for JB to get beyond striker. Not going to be lots of room in behind so not sure Vydra will be the best option though. 

Actually, with Anya at FB we will need someone tracking back. If I was Wigan's manager I'd be saying; "That Anya, he clearly just bombs on. Keep playing the balls down the right (i.e. our left) on the counter".

I realise we won't do this, but I'd kind of fancy us trying somethign a bit crazy like 3-4-3

Carson

Keogh-Pearce-Shackell

Baird-Johnson-Hughes-Anya

Ince-Bent-Russell

6 minutes ago, feisty said:

Actually, with Anya at FB we will need someone tracking back. If I was Wigan's manager I'd be saying; "That Anya, he clearly just bombs on. Keep playing the balls down the right (i.e. our left) on the counter".

I realise we won't do this, but I'd kind of fancy us trying somethign a bit crazy like 3-4-3

Carson

Keogh-Pearce-Shackell

Baird-Johnson-Hughes-Anya

Ince-Bent-Russell

Yes, lets create confusion in our marvellous centre back pairing  - it won't happen!

18 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Bucko & Warnock... they the only two former Rams playing for them?

Bucko sure to get a heros welcome.

Warnock..... Leeds scum.

I'm guessing you're joking. Warnock did a good job for us and, whilst not the same hero reception Bucko will get, he'll get a welcome from me. 

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Yes, lets create confusion in our marvellous centre back pairing  - it won't happen!

I know it won't. And TBH I'd be a bit horrified if he did this.  I'd just be interested to see how it worked!  Maybe as an experiment in the Leeds friendly...

Archived