Fulham vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree with you that Fulham 's full backs attacked well but also as a former left full back, when you show your player the outside you NEVER  let them cross, you put yourself between them and your goal.

Olsson was at fault.

However, it was a tough battle and we did well to get a point against a team that passed and retained the ball far better than us

Special credit to Pearce,  Carson and Baird.

Ince the only creative spark though Camara was lively.

The ref cost us with the Johnson incident but a draw was fair 

I think Olsson was more at fault for the second - very poor attempt at a clearance. Pearce should have done better too. BUT it happens, point gained and the unbeaten run continues. :)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Really enjoyed the day and it was a very entertaining game. Definitely a point gained as the first 20 mins of the second half particularly we spent a long time chasing shadows. 

Very impressed with Fulham, who knocked the ball around well and attacked with great intensity down the flanks. Won't be many who take points from Craven Cottage if they play like that every home game.

Fair play to Derby as we didn't play that well, couldn't hold the ball long enough and resorted to too much long ball to Vydra because we were under so much pressure. But we hung in there, battled really hard and grabbed a point.

I was impresses how much energy Fulham had for the whole game, their front players constantly chasing and harrying us when we had the ball, and as a team they are obviously extremely fit, definitely a point gained for us yesterday.

5 hours ago, Ramz64 said:

For me , 

This was the game I had to see us win if I was to believe we could do top two and the autos

We didn't  . 

I now think we are play offs .. 

at best . 

5 hours ago, Ramz64 said:

Brighton and Newcastle are off into the sunset .. 

This is the game if we were gonna have any hope of catching them we should have won .. 

We are play offs .. 

at best. 

You made your point :)

I dont agree with you that us making the auto's hinged on this game, us making the auto's requires one of brighton or newcastle to have a bit of a rough patch, it could still happen but i dont think it will. There is still over half the season to go yet mind.

We just keep going and see what happens, we have a fantastic chance of the play offs now which looked unlikely not many weeks ago. This was a great point in helping delivering that particular goal.

I was surprised at just how little our midfield leaves our own half. 

I'm guessing this is tactical and is SM's learning from last time.

It does make us harder to beat but also leaves the front three fighting for scraps of possession. I think that's where a Foestieri might help by coming to collect the short ball.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I was surprised at just how little our midfield leaves our own half. 

I'm guessing this is tactical and is SM's learning from last time.

It does make us harder to beat but also leaves the front three fighting for scraps of possession. I think that's where a Foestieri might help by coming to collect the short ball.

After the service they have had for the past 18 months i would think the front 3 think they are in heaven with the amount of service they get right now. It might not be the all out attack of steves first spell but even so its so much better than what we have had.

38 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Ratings anyone? Like to see how everyone got on and what everyone thought.

Carson 7 - good handling

Baird 7 - professional and competent 

Olsson 5 - had good moments but errors costly

Keogh 6 - played okay, not quite the driving force 

Pearce 8 - right place, right time, both boxes!

Butterfield 6 - battled and played some good passes but they dominated midfield 

Bryson 6 - as above really. Offers little except effort

Johnson 6- Is strong and good in the air, but limited passing was hopeful rather than accurate 

Russell 5 - didn't really cause them problems but tracked back

Ince 7 - scored one, made one but threat was patchy

Vydra 5 - he's a good player but it's just not working for him ATM

Subs

Weimann 4 - not sure what he could do in two minutes 

Bent 5 . Didn't get much service 

Camara 6 - some promising skills

What we offered was resilience and I couldn't see a way back at 2-1. Delighted with the point.

Great result against a team playin g particularly well at home. Considering the nature of our last three games in a week a point gained despite dropping in the table isnt all bad.

Great effort by the lads ,lets keep up the momentum and secure a position in the play offs

2 hours ago, Kennington Ram said:

August - Awful start.

September - Are we going down?

October - Mid table wouldn't be too bad

November - Play offs are good

December - We should be in the autos.

January - Second is nothing, we expect nothing but the league trophy.

Come on... Be real...you forgot to say fa cup winners in may.

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just watched the highlights...outstanding goal from once and Russell was unlucky not to score as well plus he made a couple of excellent long balls too.....he is do a goal soon.

Overall we looked a lot better than we sounded from the doom merchants commentary on radio derby.

Onwards and upwards

I suspect the miracle hand of editing (having just watched them myself on ramsplayer) - on the BBC stats we had 35% possession - without knowing, I could easily imagine a Fulham edit showing much more of when they were on top could be presented. Those at the game seem to think it was a point gained.

However, we look a decent side even when we're not our best we have resilience and some threat about us. 

...and we always look better than the radio derby sounds.  

Archived