Fulham vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I have a doddy shoulder and a bad hamstring and also bad ankle. But

Does not stop me froming doing my tetsudo.

But have you ever throught why reason will huges was rest maybe his wrist was a bit stiff and saw and perhaps his legiments need to be rested. 

I've never said will Hughes shouldn't have been rested, it was clear against QPR that he was struggling with it by the sounds of it, I was just saying that Bryson isn't really an adequate replacement anymore as we lose balance and control

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good through ball from Johnny for Ince goal. And great header from Alex Pearce take a bow. Ref was shocking at that bit (at 92th minutes why stopped for free kick whereas there is MASSIVE advantage to play on?) 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Overall a decent performance against a very good attacking team. They will beat most teams at home but also won't keep many clean sheets so have no chance of the the top 2. Very even first half but they completely bossed the game from 45 to 75 minutes. They very much exposed us down our left flank and pick up the vast majority of loose balls in midfield, Ironically it was a game where we missed Martin to hold the ball up.

Carson 8 - Came for crosses, held cross shots well and tipped a free kick onto the bar.

Baird 7 - Steady and calm all game, Won every header for our 'get out' ball from the keeper

Olsson 4 - Had a shocker. Kept backing off and allowing low balls across the the face of goal. Poor clearance for second

Keogh 7 - Solid as usual, won everything

Pearce 7 - Same as Keogh but scored to equal out mistake for second goal.

Johnson 6 - Broke up play well first half tired in the second

Bryson - 6 Ran tirelessly all day, chasing down but offered little going forward

Butterfield - 5 Lost every single challenge in midfield, didn't do enough offensivey to compensate

Ince 8 - Scored, had one disallowed and won corner for the second, which he planted on Pearce's head  

Russell 6 - Again worked hard, had one great volley pushed over, still down on confidence though

Vydra 5 - Failed to hold the ball up all day. Had one good run when fouled

Bent 6 - Made a difference with physical presence  

Camara 6 - Got some crosses in but lost the ball too

Weimann 5 - Inept

Pretty close to the write up I wrote yesterday before my phone died as I sent it:angry:, bar I think even a 4 is generous for Olsson, I may as well have been there the amount of closing down he did! Wouldn't have downgraded keogh and Bryson by one too, and would have upped camera to a 7 myself, though he made a big difference in our attacking impetus 

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Top 2 has gone. Despite our fantastic form, Brighton have sustained their form and we are not much closer to them than before our good run of form because they're so consistent. Our aim is the play offs which seemed unreachable a few months ago. If one team's going to collapse, it's going to be Brighton but I very much doubt it as they have only lost 3 away games in 35 league matches and their home form is just as good. We have left ourselves too much to do because of Pearson's awful start. We have still got to go away to the likes of Villa,Brighton,Norwich,Newcastle,Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich,Leeds,Forest, Birmingham. The fixtures in the second half of the season are less favourable.

Top 2 ain't gone 24 games to go. 

7 hours ago, irobinson said:

I looked for him in the cottage - but wasn't there - probably gone shopping 

He was there. 

17 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

What were the ref mistakes referred to? Nothing shown on the sky highlights

See below and that what happened. Shocking decision. 

17 hours ago, Gritters said:

The main one was BJ getting pulled down when through on goal. BJ recovered then the ref pulled play back to book the Fulham player. 

14 hours ago, Ramz64 said:

Brighton and Newcastle are off into the sunset .. 

This is the game if we were gonna have any hope of catching them we should have won .. 

We are play offs .. 

at best. 

You do realise there is 24 games to go? 

I think Powell needs to spend a bit of time with Olsson may be have him out Christmas day doing a bit extra as punishment for letting Fulham back in just before half time. Weimann is a bit of a mystery too. I'm sure he purposely move out of the way of the ball sometimes. We should have retained possession better when 1 - 0 up instead of hoofing it up field to the invisible man.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Point me in the direction where I said it was anything other than a good result?! Fulham were the best team we've played against all season and I was delighted to get a point from them, but that's not to say we should just sit here and pretend it was a brilliant performance! The way we dug in and got the point has made me hugely optimistic for the rest of the season, it shows we potentially have that all important bottle that's been missing for the last few years. However that isn't always going to see us grind out results we don't deserve, and I know it was only one game, but there's no reason why we shouldn't discuss the issues as well as the positives within the team, in yesterday's case the weakness in midfield, it's part of what this forums for- and it certainly doesn't make me ashamed to say that we struggled without Hughes and we need him back.

And I'm not sure what formation you thing Fulham had managed to make up to have more than 3 central midfielders, you cannot deny they were better than us yesterday in that area- nothing to be ashamed of of course, but something to continue to improve upon so that if Hughes does miss out again, we don't have similar problems. Imo we should always strive to be as good as we can be, and there's no way you can deny that we weren't at our best yesterday, I fail to see why me having some criticism of our performance means that I'm singled for a personal attack by another member 

Fulham are not the best team we have played this season, Newcastle are, just look at the table. I didn't say we were great yesterday or even the better side, because we were not. I agree with you a forum is about airing your views . Some points are good, some less so. But to describe a midfield who have played 3 games in 6 days in a 2/2 draw away at Fulham as woeful, is just stupidly. That is my view of which I am both entitled to, and correct about. If that upsets you, I am sorry, wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas . Kind regards, doodle 

2 hours ago, sage said:

Overall a decent performance against a very good attacking team. They will beat most teams at home but also won't keep many clean sheets so have no chance of the the top 2. Very even first half but they completely bossed the game from 45 to 75 minutes. They very much exposed us down our left flank and pick up the vast majority of loose balls in midfield, Ironically it was a game where we missed Martin to hold the ball up.

Carson 8 - Came for crosses, held cross shots well and tipped a free kick onto the bar.

Baird 7 - Steady and calm all game, Won every header for our 'get out' ball from the keeper

Olsson 4 - Had a shocker. Kept backing off and allowing low balls across the the face of goal. Poor clearance for second

Keogh 7 - Solid as usual, won everything

Pearce 7 - Same as Keogh but scored to equal out mistake for second goal.

Johnson 6 - Broke up play well first half tired in the second

Bryson - 6 Ran tirelessly all day, chasing down but offered little going forward

Butterfield - 5 Lost every single challenge in midfield, didn't do enough offensivey to compensate

Ince 8 - Scored, had one disallowed and won corner for the second, which he planted on Pearce's head  

Russell 6 - Again worked hard, had one great volley pushed over, still down on confidence though

Vydra 5 - Failed to hold the ball up all day. Had one good run when fouled

Bent 6 - Made a difference with physical presence  

Camara 6 - Got some crosses in but lost the ball too

Weimann 5 - Inept

Agree generally but a bit harsh on Weimann - he didn’t really have time to be inept as he didn’t come on until the 8th minute.

Hard to give Baird a seven, their RB showed you how an effective RB can be very good. Russell was ineffective and their RB was playing most of the game in our half. We need to be looking to play like that.

Overall, Pearce aside despite his mistake and Ince nobody else gets more than a six for me.

35% possession and a third of the attempts they had. We were the second best team in this game.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Agree generally but a bit harsh on Weimann - he didn’t really have time to be inept as he didn’t come on until the 88th minute.

Fixed. 

48 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Hard to give Baird a seven, their RB showed you how an effective RB can be very good. Russell was ineffective and their RB was playing most of the game in our half. We need to be looking to play like that.

Overall, Pearce aside despite his mistake and Ince nobody else gets more than a six for me.

35% possession and a third of the attempts they had. We were the second best team in this game.

Carson didn't exactly do much wrong.....got an 8 from me....

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Carson didn't exactly do much wrong.....got an 8 from me....

Fair point, no chance on either goal, decent with his feet, good hands on the other stuff but no worldies to make.

Didn't touch the free kick so we got lucky that hit the bar but a solid 7.

11 hours ago, rammieib said:

And still came away from a difficult ground to visit with a point. I personally am taking some positives from this that we may have played poorly but still come away with a point. I think it's a good sign. If Pearson were still about that wouldn't have happened, SMC has given the boys some belief that they can win/salvage something from a game. 

I think it was a decent result in the circumstances. Third game in six days after a local Derby and another tough trip to London. 

But, I think we feel disappointed because it stopped a long winning run and late goals elsewhere caused us to drop outside the play off positions and further from the automatics. 

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

I think it was a decent result in the circumstances. Third game in six days after a local Derby and another tough trip to London. 

But, I think we feel disappointed because it stopped a long winning run and late goals elsewhere caused us to drop outside the play off positions and further from the automatics. 

Winning goals for our promotion rivals in the 95th, 94th and 92nd minutes plus an 89th minute winner for Leeds turned it into a slightly disappointing day when in reality it has been a great week for the Rams.

Archived