Fulham vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think you guys are forgetting something cup nations thing half newcastle team will be in that so will weaken them.

No, only Diame and Atsu from their starting 11 yesterday but they have got quality players like Perez and Gouffran to replace them. They will be more than fine. Top 2 has gone, our target is the play offs

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think you guys are forgetting something cup nations thing half newcastle team will be in that so will weaken them.

They have 5 players who have a possibility of going. Mbemba who hasn't featured for Newcastle in over a month, Lazaar who has played a total of 14 minutes in the Championship this season, Tiote who has played a total of 15 minutes this season, Atsu who has mostly been used on the bench this season and Diame who has been a regular for them. So of those five, only Diame and possibly Atsu would be a miss for them, but I'm sure they'll probably add another 2 or 3 players in January anyway.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No, only Diame and Atsu from their starting 11 yesterday but they have got quality players like Perez and Gouffran to replace them. They will be more than fine. Top 2 has gone, our target is the play offs

Never say never. Burnley made up huge ground on Brighton last season. They look strong, but they'll have a dip. 

Just now, B4ev6is said:

But it will take time for settle as we know you bring in to many it can upset team spirt.

But they won't need to bring in many. Perez in for Diame and a new winger or youngster in to replace Atsu on the bench, job done. They even have Armstrong returning in January I believe as his loan spell with Barnsley was only for six months. He could do Diame's role behind the striker quite well and he could probably even cope out wide if they needed him to.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Top two hasn't gone. We won't catch Newcastle but Brighton are certainly catchable. Not just us but I expect half a dozen teams will be aiming to catch them up. They will play us, as well as the rest of the top 6. They can and will lose some of those. Do I expect top 2? No. but aim for 3rd and that is the best you will get. Aim for top 2 and you never know. We need to be positive on and off the pitch

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

But they won't need to bring in many. Perez in for Diame and a new winger or youngster in to replace Atsu on the bench, job done. They even have Armstrong returning in January I believe as his loan spell with Barnsley was only for six months. He could do Diame's role behind the striker quite well and he could probably even cope out wide if they needed him to.

Or they could just put Shelvey as the number 10 and Anita where Shelvey played. Alternatively,they may play 2 up front with Gayle and Mitrovic, Gayle dropping slightly deeper where he played at times with Palace. Or even Ritchie/Gouffran as the number 10 and Aaron's coming back into the fold. I think they will be more than fine, if not they could just buy someone like you said. If one team's going to collapse, it's going to be Brighton not Newcastle

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Top two hasn't gone. We won't catch Newcastle but Brighton are certainly catchable. Not just us but I expect half a dozen teams will be aiming to catch them up. They will play us, as well as the rest of the top 6. They can and will lose some of those. Do I expect top 2? No. but aim for 3rd and that is the best you will get. Aim for top 2 and you never know. We need to be positive on and off the pitch

Top 2 has gone. Despite our fantastic form, Brighton have sustained their form and we are not much closer to them than before our good run of form because they're so consistent. Our aim is the play offs which seemed unreachable a few months ago. If one team's going to collapse, it's going to be Brighton but I very much doubt it as they have only lost 3 away games in 35 league matches and their home form is just as good. We have left ourselves too much to do because of Pearson's awful start. We have still got to go away to the likes of Villa,Brighton,Norwich,Newcastle,Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich,Leeds,Forest, Birmingham. The fixtures in the second half of the season are less favourable.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Or they could just put Shelvey as the number 10 and Anita where Shelvey played. Alternatively,they may play 2 up front with Gayle and Mitrovic, Gayle dropping slightly deeper where he played at times with Palace. Or even Ritchie/Gouffran as the number 10 and Aaron's coming back into the fold. I think they will be more than fine, if not they could just buy someone like you said. If one team's going to collapse, it's going to be Brighton not Newcastle

Yeah, can't see them having many problems unless they get hit with a bunch of injuries. They probably just need another winger in because of Atsu going to AFCON and I think Aarons has a lengthy injury. And I've just remembered they still have Murphy who's another option up front for them. £3-4 mil and I don't think he's even played in the league yet. :lol:

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Top 2 has gone. Despite our fantastic form, Brighton have sustained their form and we are not much closer to them than before our good run of form because they're so consistent. Our aim is the play offs which seemed unreachable a few months ago. If one team's going to collapse, it's going to be Brighton but I very much doubt it as they have only lost 3 away games in 35 league matches and their home form is just as good. We have left ourselves too much to do because of Pearson's awful start. We have still got to go away to the likes of Villa,Brighton,Norwich,Newcastle,Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich,Leeds,Forest, Birmingham. The fixtures in the second half of the season are less favourable.

As stated, I don't expect us to be top 2. But it hasn't gone. A couple of seasons ago Derby were crowned champions at Christmas by most pundits and we know how that ended. Last season Brighton faded and I expect they may do again. Defeatist attitudes at this time won't help. If, as I expect we are 6 points better off after the Christmas games we may be a little closer to them. We then have a transfer window. If used wisely we can continue to push forward. It's highly unlikely but definitely not gone

19 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah, can't see them having many problems unless they get hit with a bunch of injuries. They probably just need another winger in because of Atsu going to AFCON and I think Aarons has a lengthy injury. And I've just remembered they still have Murphy who's another option up front for them. £3-4 mil and I don't think he's even played in the league yet. :lol:

They could get this latest strain of Bird flu it looks like Norwich have caught it.

54 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Top two has never been there for us this season. For the first 20% of the season, avoiding the bottom two was a more realistic target.

Can't see us getting Autos - not only do one of the top two need to lose 4 more games than their competetors, we also have to better than everyone in between as well, it's not impossible until the maths say so, and there is no reason not to try to win every singe game until the end of the season.

Get in the play offs and anything can happen.

When we'd won 1 out of 9 and got 6 points, I think we'd all have been over the moon with an 8 game unbeaten run towards the play off spots at any point over the season.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just watched the highlights...outstanding goal from once and Russell was unlucky not to score as well plus he made a couple of excellent long balls too.....he is do a goal soon.

Overall we looked a lot better than we sounded from the doom merchants commentary on radio derby.

Onwards and upwards

Bang on Kash

Listened to RD commentary for the first time in a long time yesterday - sounded very depressing. Made me want to go and do some gardening whilst we conceded the inevitable hatful. 

And now the run is over they will have to find huge swathes of other stuff to talk about to fill in the airtime. OB in particular sounded totally obsessed with it for some reason.

Match highlights did favour us slightly but I think that was because, although we had less possession, when we did attack we looked dangerous.

I am disappointed that they didn’t include the incident with Johnson and the two on one but I suppose that's because it showed the referee in a bad light.

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

"Martin, give us a wave, Martin, Martin, give us a wave"..........anyone see him?

Walked across the front of our stand pre-match and got a warm round of applause from those of us in our seats early. Probably only about a quarter of us there at that time, though.

9 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Bang on Kash

Listened to RD commentary for the first time in a long time yesterday - sounded very depressing. Made me want to go and do some gardening whilst we conceded the inevitable hatful. 

And now the run is over they will have to find huge swathes of other stuff to talk about to fill in the airtime. OB in particular sounded totally obsessed with it for some reason.

Tbf yesterday I think having been there radio Derby we're right to be negative, we were by far second best and we just couldn't get any sort of control on the game, the midfield were woeful- that being said the charectar, resilience and dare I say bottle, was excellent to nick a point

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf yesterday I think having been there radio Derby we're right to be negative, we were by far second best and we just couldn't get any sort of control on the game, the midfield were woeful- that being said the charectar, resilience and dare I say bottle, was excellent to nick a point

Woeful???? Sully cint 

11 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Woeful???? Sully cint 

I was watching the midfield three very carefully, they were all too slow moving the ball on, and offered next to nothing defensively, Bryson and butterfield just left their men to wander into the box- it was butterfields man who scored the second, and constantly gave away possession. Yesterday confirmed to me the importance of Hughes and how we cannot function properly without him

Archived