Fulham vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

It must have been a superb match for the neutral to watch, really end to end stuff. I thought we did really well. Fulham are a really dangerous sie and probably the best attacking team we've faced this season.

At the same time I feel grateful that we got a point and disappointed that we only left with one. If only the ref had played that advantage. No idea what he was thinking.

Pros:

Defence (in general) were brilliant against a tricky outift.

Bryson slotted into midfield very well and Johnson shows no signs of slowing down.

Russell was brilliant defensively. Really helped get Olsson out of trouble so many times.

Cons:

Olsson had a nightmare and I think showed his limitations. Can't help but get the feeling that Lowe, even at his tender age, offers more defensively and offensively.

Vydra was lost in that lone-striker role. He's simply not built to play it the Martin does and not fit enough to do it the way Bent does.

Here's my very late Match Report if anyone fancies giving it a read, with a teaser below.

Statistics. You can say a lot with statistics and at the same time say nothing at all.

A team can have 70% possession but barely test the opposition goalkeeper.

A team can score four goals in the last 10 minutes of a match to flatter the score line.

A team can win seven matches on the trot against bottom half opposition and find themselves in a false position.

Against Fulham on Saturday Derby would face their toughest test since Steve McClaren took over. One of the toughest defences in the Championship would go face to face with one of the most potent attacking forces in the league.

https://dcfcweekly.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/fulham-2-derby-county-2-match-report/

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/12/2016 at 17:14, B4ev6is said:

I have a doddy shoulder and a bad hamstring and also bad ankle. But

Does not stop me froming doing my tetsudo.

But have you ever throught why reason will huges was rest maybe his wrist was a bit stiff and saw and perhaps his legiments need to be rested. 

Is that because you've been abusing your tickling stick

On 19/12/2016 at 22:14, PodgeyRam said:

Olsson had a nightmare and I think showed his limitations. Can't help but get the feeling that Lowe, even at his tender age, offers more defensively and offensively.

Think if I remember correctly,

He has a nightmare when we played there last season didn't he?

Scored an OG?

5 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Think if I remember correctly,

He has a nightmare when we played there last season didn't he?

Scored an OG?

He did, but back then put it down to the fact that it was one of his first matches and he was nervous/finding his feet.

After seeing him do similar things in the year since I've come to the conclusion that he's average and the sooner Lowe gets fit and pushes on the better for the team it will be.

Archived