Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Preston just scored at the theatre of dreams

It shouldn't have counted because  Preston had 11 men on the pitch! Preston should've kicked the ball out! Preston didn't deserve it. Blah blah blah... 

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It would be nice if they could describe the area of the pitch the action is taking place in occasionally.

"Derby running towards a grassy bit with a few muddy scuffs in the turf. Very patchy area of pitch, probably wants looking at before they come out for the second half. Do you think they're neglecting the sprinklers Craig?"

"Yes Ed, looking very dry, grass is very malnourished. Going a very faint colour. Not the healthiest pitch I've ever seen"

4 minutes ago, TimRam said:

What colour are the dugout seats? Are they flashy ones like Premiership or "wobbly old chairs". Got to keep the excitement up.

Thinking who owns QPR I would expect them to be flash. Not much room down there though! 

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

True. However, we've given away a lot of fouls and Baird has picked up an early booking. Also not having much of the ball or creating anything, not even on the counter.

It's not a time to panic, but it's not exactly all going exactly to plan either. We have to have a nuanced view in this sort of situation. Let's neither get into a flap, nor kid ourselves, about how we appear to be performing. After all, we're not there. How can we possibly really know?

I'm here. And through the wonders of 4g smartphones can give you a quick summary.

We seem to be playing within ourselves. Early yellows look to have inhibited baird and butterfield a bit but our defence looks rock solid. Can't remember last time I was less concerned that we'd concede. 

I do wonder whether sunday took a lot out of the lads. However it might be that we've let qpr do what they can - which ain't much - and we'll take them apart 2nd half.

Staying in my seat. The catering at Loftus road is antideluvian. 

9 minutes ago, Tombo said:

True. However, we've given away a lot of fouls and Baird has picked up an early booking. Also not having much of the ball or creating anything, not even on the counter.

It's not a time to panic, but it's not exactly all going exactly to plan either. We have to have a nuanced view in this sort of situation. Let's neither get into a flap, nor kid ourselves, about how we appear to be performing. After all, we're not there. How can we possibly really know?

Very true. I am assuming that RD are painting an overly negative picture and I might be wrong. We might not be playing very well at all and RD might be spot on. Trouble is, I don't trust them and never have.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Very true. I am assuming that RD are painting an overly negative picture and I might be wrong. We might not be playing very well at all and RD might be spot on. Trouble is, I don't trust them and never have.

Statistically we look very poor on the BBC website although that's very basic, the whole story may be different- but I'm concerned if radio Derby is accurate, the fear I had before the match we'd be leggy seems to be true...

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

"Derby running towards a grassy bit with a few muddy scuffs in the turf. Very patchy area of pitch, probably wants looking at before they come out for the second half. Do you think they're neglecting the sprinklers Craig?"

"Yes Ed, looking very dry, grass is very malnourished. Going a very faint colour. Not the healthiest pitch I've ever seen"

When can you start?

Do you have a dedication per match to read out?

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Statistically we look very poor on the BBC website although that's very basic, the whole story may be different- but I'm concerned if radio Derby is accurate, the fear I had before the match we'd be leggy seems to be true...

A big if that one.

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I'm here. And through the wonders of 4g smartphones can give you a quick summary.

We seem to be playing within ourselves. Early yellows look to have inhibited baird and butterfield a bit but our defence looks rock solid. Can't remember last time I was less concerned that we'd concede. 

I do wonder whether sunday took a lot out of the lads. However it might be that we've let qpr do what they can - which ain't much - and we'll take them apart 2nd half.

Staying in my seat. The catering at Loftus road is antideluvian. 

Really appreciate the update. I think it's a lot to ask Bent to play three games a week so I hope there's a relatively early switch to Vydra.

Oddly, the game I've been most confident in our deffence was the Billy Davies playoff against WBA. I just felt stress-free and that we could play for a month and they'd never have scored. But this season we seem to have become way more organized and structured, which is a joy to watch.

Let's take them in the second half. Come on you Rams!

On 11 December 2016 at 21:04, Angry Ram said:

Being a Londoner, these next two mean almost as much as dumping the dogs. 

I work with about 7 QPR fans and will be rubbing their noses in it big style if we win. This is important, make no mistake.

I hate that crappy little club in Shepards Bush with a passion. Their fans are **** and only act hard now when it does not matter. Tin pot was a term made for QPR. Losing to them at Wembley was hard, really hard... 

Naff place to get to, crap boozers.. Dirty hole, dirty scummy people. Chavvy kids everywhere damaging your property.

Tramps everywhere..

The place is a dump... Enjoy.

Fulham is just a good day out. Hard to dislike little old Fulham.. 

Come on Angry...don't sit on the fence chap...:mellow:

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I chose to give it the contempt it deserved. 

Sincere apologies, you are probably the last person on here I'd wish to offend. I could have apologised via PM but I feel if I offended via the the main forum I should be big enough to apologise on it. 

Archived