Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Duracell said:

Rammage said "I'd like to see Bradley Johnson really dictate play in games now." Why?

I think the difference between Steve and our previous managers is that he knows the players' strengths and limitations in equal measure. If you want to coach Bradley Johnson into that sort of player, you'll be coaching for eternity.

"Bradley - just win get the ball and give it to the nearest white shirt". Wouldn't surprise me if that was the extent to which McClaren has coached him, and that's all he needs to do. Others can do the controlling.

His simplicity on the ball has had a major impact. More Rammage Rubbish

9 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Rammage said "I'd like to see Bradley Johnson really dictate play in games now." Why?

I think the difference between Steve and our previous managers is that he knows the players' strengths and limitations in equal measure. If you want to coach Bradley Johnson into that sort of player, you'll be coaching for eternity.

"Brad, mate - just get the ball and give it to the nearest white shirt". Wouldn't surprise me if that was the extent to which McClaren has coached him, and that's all he needs to do. Others can do the controlling.

He's got Hughes and Butterfield either side of him. Not many DMs in this league have that kind of controlling talent helping them out. Makes his job 10x easier.

And Hughes and Butterfield have Johnsons power and tenacity. Not many playmakers in this league have that kind of protection helping them out. Makes their jobs 10x easier.

You're spot on. Don't muddy the waters.

Unfortunately in listening to it on radio derby who are already moaning because we're not playing like 1970's brazil

i think a scrappy 1-0 win would be a good result away from home. We cant turn up playing liquid football every game nobody does that 

3 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

How come when we play away we always play in the third kit? I bought the away kit and Derby never seem to play in it! 

Third kit seems very popular.  I love the colour. Like in lots of games teams play in alternative kit even when there's no colour clash... Keeps the cash tills rolling!! 

I very rarely listed to RD for away games.... and listening to this I know why.

Ramage is going nuts and sounding panicky and whiney... it's 0-0 away from home, in the first half and it doesn't sound like QPR are doing anything with all our terrible terrible play. Its almost as if the home team aren't allowed to have the ball or create chances. It will happen fgs.

I cant stand it when Dawes gives us his judgement on the quality otherwise of a pass, shot, passage of play. RD pay Ramage for that. Grrr. 

@OwenB87 have a word please!?

Rule of thumb is to take whoscored.com match ratings with an absolute mountain of salt because they're not as clever as they think they are on that site.

Nonetheless, they have Carson as the top performer on the pitch so far, 7.1. Only other players close to him are the two DMs, Johnson and Luongo, both 6.9. That kind of game so far.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

I very rarely listed to RD for away games.... and listening to this I know why.

Ramage is going nuts and sounding panicky and whiney... it's 0-0 away from home, in the first half and it doesn't sound like QPR are doing anything with all our terrible terrible play. Its almost as if the home team aren't allowed to have the ball or create chances. It will happen fgs.

I cant stand it when Dawes gives us his judgement on the quality otherwise of a pass, shot, passage of play. RD pay Ramage for that. Grrr. 

@OwenB87 have a word please!?

True. However, we've given away a lot of fouls and Baird has picked up an early booking. Also not having much of the ball or creating anything, not even on the counter.

It's not a time to panic, but it's not exactly all going exactly to plan either. We have to have a nuanced view in this sort of situation. Let's neither get into a flap, nor kid ourselves, about how we appear to be performing. After all, we're not there. How can we possibly really know?

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Third kit seems very popular.  I love the colour. Like in lots of games teams play in alternative kit even when there's no colour clash... Keeps the cash tills rolling!! 

What colour are the dugout seats? Are they flashy ones like Premiership or "wobbly old chairs". Got to keep the excitement up.

Archived