Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

He's hardly had a look in since that brilliant performance. He should be raring to go knowing he has got a chance.

Thats what injury does..GT will have the same battle

47 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That just further proves the assist stat is worthless which I always thought it was before the game anyway. 

I remember Ben Davies always getting hyped for his assists. He used to take all corners and free kicks and I remember 2 assists at Derby where one was a shot that fell into Savies path. The other was a shot that came off his bum and fell into someone else's path.

I remember Jacobs got 4 in one game? Ssausagehorpe? All corners

I hate the assist stat. Hate it even more now I know you can get it from having shots saved and deflected. Remember Dawkins hitting the post v Fulham and Martin tapping it in? What creativity!!

I thought Russell played well enough Sunday though

It's a ****** stat, you could give a striker an astounding through ball, splitting the defence and taking 10 players out the game but if the striker doesn't score it, or even passes it to someone else who then scores, there's no recognition for that ball or the quality of that player.

The only passing stats you should really look at is key passes and chances created, much more revealing. 

I'd be more on board with assists if it was like Ice Hockey, where the player who passed the puck to the player who got the assist also gets an assist.

Other than that, it's a stat for simpletons and anyone trying to prove a point.

Rammage said "I'd like to see Bradley Johnson really dictate play in games now." Why?

I think the difference between Steve and our previous managers is that he knows the players' strengths and limitations in equal measure. If you want to coach Bradley Johnson into that sort of player, you'll be coaching for eternity.

"Brad, mate - just get the ball and give it to the nearest white shirt". Wouldn't surprise me if that was the extent to which McClaren has coached him, and that's all he needs to do. Others can do the controlling.

Archived