Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Does 'Meh' count as a word?

It's not a real word and I hate it, but I can't find a word that means the same thing. I considered "dull" or "lacklustre" but QPR have had chances so it's not like it's been a boring game. Our performance has been average but that doesn't quite hit the fact that our performance has been missing something but still doesn't cause panic. No single word can quite sum up the combination of blandness, cageyness and energyless that have been a part of how we've played according to all the reports from people there. All of them either suggest a bad performance or don't really emphasise that we haven't been at it so far.

If you can think of the word I'm looking for, I'll concede to your superior intellect! 

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

It's not a real word and I hate it, but I can't find a word that means the same thing. I considered "dull" or "lacklustre" but QPR have had chances so it's not like it's been a boring game. Our performance has been average but that doesn't quite hit the fact that our performance has been missing something. No single word can quite sum up the combination of blandness, cageyness and energyless that have been a part of how we've played according to all the reports from people there.

If you can think of the word I'm looking for, I'll concede to your superior intellect! 

insouciant

Just now, Tombo said:

It's not a real word and I hate it, but I can't find a word that means the same thing. I considered "dull" or "lacklustre" but QPR have had chances so it's not like it's been a boring game. Our performance has been average but that doesn't quite hit the fact that our performance has been missing something. No single word can quite sum up the combination of blandness, cageyness and energyless that have been a part of how we've played according to all the reports from people there.

no, no, 'meh' works for me. I'm going to use it more in conversation.

Archived