Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chris Mills said:

So unlikely. Assuming that we need 90 points for autos that means we can only lose 6 more games all season providing we win the remaining 19. Big ask. 

Probably playoffs but at least it's exciting! Who thought we would be in good spirits just 2 months ago! Time to sit back and enjoy the season, this is a free ride! 

I agree, I think it's virtually impossible for us to make the top 2 because we are relying on Brighton and Newcastle slipping up, who are both extremely consistent. It's nice reading other forums though seeing what they have to say about us, it's good that they are a bit worried of us now rather than laughing at us like they were 3 months ago.

2 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Still too early to get carried away yet Saturday will be another big test against a decent Fulham side.

Absolutely, I was telling everyone after the Forest game not to get carried away because it could result in putting unnecessary pressure on the players. Saturday will be a hard game. Luckily we have a 10 day break after that game to rest and recuperate.

Tom Ince, what a man. Those who called him deadwood earlier this season must be feeling rather silly now, he's become the lead attacking threat to our team and amongst the very key players within our side, we'd certainly be far worse off if it wasn't for him. His ability to pull goals out of nowhere will help us no end in tight games like this

8 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Not using 'ask' as a noun is much more realistic ;)

5 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

So unlikely. Assuming that we need 90 points for autos that means we can only lose 6 more games all season providing we win the remaining 19. Big ask. 

Probably playoffs but at least it's exciting! Who thought we would be in good spirits just 2 months ago! Time to sit back and enjoy the season, this is a free ride! 

Now the king of match day threads has gone and done it as well! Can I take over from @reveldevil when we lose our next game in November?

We're on a great run we just need to concolidate a playoff place & put a bit of distance between us an 7th. That way we can afford to slip up and still remain in a playoff place. We were so far behind playing catch up a couple of losses and we'll be right back to mid table. Hopefully we win a few more and put a bit of breathing space between us and 7th

i think newcastle with Rafa are guarenteed top two. Brighton might get injuries, have bigger teams come in for some of their players in jan or hit a bad patch. So heres to hoping 

I think playoffs are more likely. we 100% have a better first team and miles better squad than when we met QPR in the playoff final so all good. 

This is the perfect result for me tonight. If we had gone there and won 5-0 my mate Holloway would have had crumbs of consolation to comfort himself with, be able to say they were outclassed by a form team and people would have believed him.

this result tonight will choke him, leave him gutted, leave him questioning what more he has to do to turn QPR around.

this result doesn't just pour salt in his wound it used a lemon juice marinated chainsaw to make the wound in the first place.

all pundits have their opinions, but he has gone for us in every way he possibly could in every aspect of his media relations, trying to twist everything done by the club, belittle the ownership, playing staff, supporters and portray the club as having problems from top to bottom and being a crisis club. His punditry during the wolves game was laughable, you could almost eye him crossing his fingers, almost wishing wolves to come back and do us in the second half.

well, mr Holloway, my learned friend, have a look around YOUR dressing room, YOUR club, YOUR players, YOUR ownership group, after YOUR coaching and management hasn't changed one bit of YOUR clubs fortunes. You are a dinosaur mate, a one trick, funny quote, matey banter, having a laugh with the lads, dinosaur.

thanks for the 3 points.

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Cheers for the link. Just had a peep. One is a little perplexed that Sir Brad was winding up their fans at final whistle....Hehe, luvlee jublee as I believe the terminology goes... :lol:

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I agree, I think it's virtually impossible for us to make the top 2 because we are relying on Brighton and Newcastle slipping up, who are both extremely consistent. It's nice reading other forums though seeing what they have to say about us, it's good that they are a bit worried of us now rather than laughing at us like they were 3 months ago.

Absolutely, I was telling everyone after the Forest game not to get carried away because it could result in putting unnecessary pressure on the players. Saturday will be a hard game. Luckily we have a 10 day break after that game to rest and recuperate.

Luckily? I think a 10 day break is the last thing we need when we're on a run like this! We've all seen what happens when this team thinks. 

I feel like it's more of a "don't think just do" team. 

I haven't seen anything from the game, but I'm pleased for Camara and I don't think we would have come away with all three points without him. 

The cross is a thing of beauty - low, across the six yard box and with a lot of pace. It's exactly the impact he needed, I just hope he now gets the opportunity to have a run in the team - by run, I mean a proper stretch of games where we can see what he can offer. 

Ince is a man in form now, but it's always going to be the case. Everyone with a reasonable pair of eyes and sensible, working brain could see that his ability is without question. It has taken a little bit of freedom, a little bit of coaching and perhaps an arm around the shoulder and he's flying. It's so important for us to keep him sharp, because we're lacking a substantial goal threat from our centre forward - whether it be Bent or Vydra. 

Look a little leggy first half but kept them at arms length. Always sensed we would get a chance or two even though we weren't quite at it. 

Pearce was rock solid again. Johnson a warrior defensively. And up pops Ince with a magical finish to send us delirious. I am getting beyond drunk tonight in deepest London. Staying down for Fulham. What a time to be a Ram. :cool:

For those making do with commentary, I imagine they made it sound tough. It really wasn't. A point would have been great tonight but class told. This is some team.

1 minute ago, robglosta said:

Ballsy double sub tonight, Camara especially who stretched the game nicely.  

Got it in one. Just made the pub, there was nothing on it, tight game, never looked overly troubled without really threatening too much, but I just sensed we might nick it with Camara.

That burst of pace against tired legs is so lethal. Ince, he's just firing at every opportunity and full of confidence. As for Brad, as Rampage would say....what a guy.

That leaky defence had a decent night too. Fatty Burns pfft.

Archived