Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

11 hours ago, jono said:

I dont really like arguing amongst ourselves .. We are all fans of DCFC but I can't help laughing and remembering all the stuff that is easy to find if you have the inclination to re read a bunch of old threads ... 

Tom Ince sulks, Tom Ince doesn't smile, Tom Ince is deadwood, Tom Ince is a luxury, Tom Once doesn't track back, isnt a team player, cost way too much should never have signed him, is a Daddy's boy blah blah blah 

Where are you all that wrote all that complete tosh ? 

For sure He is on top form now ..  But he is pure class and always has been 

It looks like our Tom Ince reads this forum and has read all them "positive" threads on how he can improve his game!

• Well done Tom, you've clearly read mine, as you no longer wear the gloves, have a gold star on me!
  • 25u1f2r.jpg

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the telegraph

Ian Holloway admits he has been critical of Derby County in the past but he believes the Rams can win promotion this season.

The Queens Park Rangers manager was talking after Derby beat his side 1-0 at Loftus Road last night.

Victory, a seventh straight win, lifted Derby to fifth in the table.

"We came up against a team that has been galvanised into one that could well get promoted this year. Well done to their character for starting to believe in themselves," said Holloway.

"Steve [McClaren] will be very chuffed with how his team is going. They look like they have a togetherness that will see them through some controversy, some terrible moments. They look like they have a much better group about them now.

"I was very critical of them last season as a group of players but they look like they understand what Steve wants. It's all about an identity.

"They were a passing team when Steve left and they were trying to turn into a counter-attacking team, almost overnight. You can't do that.

"They're a team that wants to get it and pass it. Steve has gone back to where he was, and he was the one who started that 'Derby way'.

"He's just picked up, given them a bit of a boost and on you go. Well done to him. It's nice when you're winning but he'll know how well my team played against them."

lol. Backtrack much?

i still stand by my previous words in this thread.

15 hours ago, LazloW said:

I very rarely listed to RD for away games.... and listening to this I know why.

Ramage is going nuts and sounding panicky and whiney... it's 0-0 away from home, in the first half and it doesn't sound like QPR are doing anything with all our terrible terrible play. Its almost as if the home team aren't allowed to have the ball or create chances. It will happen fgs.

I cant stand it when Dawes gives us his judgement on the quality otherwise of a pass, shot, passage of play. RD pay Ramage for that. Grrr. 

@OwenB87 have a word please!?

I love that you think they would ever listen to me!

Main standouts for me were that even though we were under the cosh for so much of the match, we never looked like conceding from anything the opposition did. The defence was rock solid.

Bradley Johnson was superb again. Made a couple of errors on the ball, but he made up for that by winning everything in the air and every tackle he made. Thorne might have finally met his match!

Noticed that Carson barely held onto anything all night. Maybe he dipped his gloves in butter before the match, but he was lucky that Keogh and Pearce in particular were there to bail him ut on several occasions last night.

I did a match report on my blog. Let us know if you agree or not.

https://dcfcweekly.wordpress.com/2016/12/15/qpr-0-derby-county-1-match-report/

13 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

1st of all so glad we got the win! 7 in 7 unbelievable. Started to feel connected to the players again.

Now to the analysis.. Holloway has seen us a lot this season. Mentioned that we struggle when teams close us down and set his team out to do just that. We've not had a team really press us since McLaren has came in. We struggled against it last night.

Hope other teams don't see the same and play there own game. As other teams will be a lot more clinical. 

Good we got a win when not playing well though would of took a draw but went mental when we scored!

Good point. Think we may need to start looking at a plan 'b'

Anyone with Ramsplayer go look at what it's like after the FT whistle. 

Great to see players enjoying themselves so much and look at the fuss the staff and a few players make of Razza. It's nothing major but it's nice to see. 

Or maybe I'm just on a football high. A defeat to Fulham won't even put my feet anywhere near the ground yet. I want Newcastle and Brighton to keep winning so that it makes the run in close. I don't want us to have the league tied up and be playing league friendlies in April/May

35 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I want Newcastle and Brighton to keep winning so that it makes the run in close. I don't want us to have the league tied up and be playing league friendlies in April/May

We'll be playing friendlies in march.

i bet schteve is really chuffed about that.

When I think of 

qpr .. 

I think of Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh .. 

Don Givens and Don Masson .. 

We had Don Masson .. He was a good player .. bronze just like Ron Webster lol lol .. Too much Majorca .. 

qpr are the ultimate TINPOT club now .. 

tinpot owner 

tinpot fans

tinpot ground

tinpot ambition

12 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Main standouts for me were that even though we were under the cosh for so much of the match, we never looked like conceding from anything the opposition did. The defence was rock solid.

Bradley Johnson was superb again. Made a couple of errors on the ball, but he made up for that by winning everything in the air and every tackle he made. Thorne might have finally met his match!

Noticed that Carson barely held onto anything all night. Maybe he dipped his gloves in butter before the match, but he was lucky that Keogh and Pearce in particular were there to bail him ut on several occasions last night.

I did a match report on my blog. Let us know if you agree or not.

https://dcfcweekly.wordpress.com/2016/12/15/qpr-0-derby-county-1-match-report/

Damn good match report dude :thumbsup:

Archived