Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Fantastic result, fantastic run and a fantastic job being done by McClaren. Never in doubt. :ph34r:

The scary thing is that over the past 10 games, we have collected the most points in the division, the most wins, the most clean sheets and conceded the fewest goals, but Newcastle and Brighton have picked up only one point less in that same time frame!

And the scariest thing of all, all three teams look frightfully average, from what I've seen! :ph34r:

Fulham will be a stiff test and it's probably where we are most likely to come unstuck in the next few weeks. But it'll be a good indication of just how far we have come and whether we are genuine promotion contenders.

All in all, I think the play-offs is the best we can hope for. Even though I don't foresee Newcastle and Brighton keeping up this pace, you simply can't afford to give the better sides in the division such a head start, which we did with our unconvincing start under Pearson.

Given the squad we have and the quality we possess, I think we'll be disappointed not to strengthen our position in the top six in the coming weeks.

One final thought...

August 6th - October 6th (I was in the UK): P11 W2 D4 L5 Pts 10 = 20th

October 7th: I returned to Russia

Since October 7th: P10 W8 D1 L1 Pts 25 = 5th

As the data suggests, I'm probably getting intercepted at Stansted Airport by Mel and sent to Argentina for Christmas, where I'll meet a beautiful woman called Alison and live happily ever after.

And no doubt when we're playing Ludogorets at home in the 2018-19 Europa League, Mel will completely forget to thank me in his programme notes for, you know, taking one for the team. 

:ph34r::lol::D

Sod the airport, I have just told Trump to have have a word with the Russians to put you under permanent house arrest, you are going no where until June lol 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks DCFC, one happy Ram this morning.. Two massive wins. Promised myself that I would not gloat at work today, I would be adult, rise above it. It's only a game, we should all shake hands afterwards and wish each other Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.. I was going to buy some cakes as a consolation and we could all sit around the table of love and discuss how unlucky QPR were.

Then I remembered, I am ANGRY RAM.. 

GET THE FOOK IN, YA SCUMMY BELL ENDS.. I am going to love this.. Last gasp goal, oh the poetry! 

Ive already sent them all an Outlook invite for a very special 'Progess Meeting'. I will unravel the 'Cockney Rams' flag in our honour.. 

Its a good morning, it's going to be a good day.. 

The only slight downer on the day and I firmly blame SM and Rush for this... If Keogh would have scored the winner it would have been perfect.

1st of all so glad we got the win! 7 in 7 unbelievable. Started to feel connected to the players again.

Now to the analysis.. Holloway has seen us a lot this season. Mentioned that we struggle when teams close us down and set his team out to do just that. We've not had a team really press us since McLaren has came in. We struggled against it last night.

Hope other teams don't see the same and play there own game. As other teams will be a lot more clinical. 

Good we got a win when not playing well though would of took a draw but went mental when we scored!

8 hours ago, jono said:

I dont really like arguing amongst ourselves .. We are all fans of DCFC but I can't help laughing and remembering all the stuff that is easy to find if you have the inclination to re read a bunch of old threads ... 

Tom Ince sulks, Tom Ince doesn't smile, Tom Ince is deadwood, Tom Ince is a luxury, Tom Once doesn't track back, isnt a team player, cost way too much should never have signed him, is a Daddy's boy blah blah blah 

Where are you all that wrote all that complete tosh ? 

For sure He is on top form now ..  But he is pure class and always has been 

If people were just out and out questioning his ability then I would agree with you.

If they were questioning his effectiveness or whether he was a luxury that a struggling team could afford to have then maybe they had a point at the time.

Would you say Ince was giving us the same value for money in August and September that he has in October and November? I wouldn't. Although that doesn't mean I am calling Ince as a player as there were obviously reasons behind this.

went to the game last night , thank you Santa for completing my christmas list so early , 3pts off Forest and 3 off Holloway, big shout out to Carson , Pearce and Brad , you were immense last night , Merry Xmas al, lRams fans, and to all those that were at Loftus Road with me last night , your support was fantastic COYR

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

If people were just out and out questioning his ability then I would agree with you.

If they were questioning his effectiveness or whether he was a luxury that a struggling team could afford to have then maybe they had a point at the time.

Would you say Ince was giving us the same value for money in August and September that he has in October and November? I wouldn't. Although that doesn't mean I am calling Ince as a player as there were obviously reasons behind this.

I understand the sentiment but feel that back then he was still as good as anyone else on the park and as "up for it" as always. All their heads went down, they looked confused and rudderless. Folk were singling Ince out which seemed daft to me. What is great at the moment isn't really about Tom Ince .. It's our team play. We are supporting each other an allowing those with a God given talent to shine. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

The reason behind it is simple.  He was being managed by Pearson.  He was dropped into the No 10 position even though it isn't where he's best, he can attack teams through the middle but he isn't one to dictate play.  Then he stuck him left mid so his starting point, when he got the ball was the half way line with a fullback and the opposition's left mid in front of him. Clement also misused him by having him hug the touchline as much as possible to stay out of Martin's space.  

if you use him correctly and let him do what he's good at he'll tear most teams apart...

I was sitting on the halfway line in with the QPR fans as I got a lift to the match with two QPR fans that I work with.

There was a bloke behind me giving Ince a non stop verbal slagging from the first minute until the goal. When the match ended I turned around to him and said "who's the donkey now " and he replied "the kind of donkey I would love in our team"

We shook hands and I walked off smugly to the tube station to start my journey home with my 2 very quiet QPR fans.

Went with my daughter last night. She dragged me round the Westfield shopping centre and cost me a fortune, but then after a rushed burger we got to the ground. An edgy 85 minutes followed with our defence standing firm like the Alamo. Then a move of real quality as Camara crossed for Ince to volley home and we all went berserk - pure unbounded joy. Great that Steve Mac and the players showed their genuine appreciation of our support at the end too.

Sorry it isn't as poetic as the brilliant lemon juice chainsaw post above, but I wanted to share my delight.

Sounded like a tired performance last night - but how nice is it to be able to throw on players of the quality of Vydra, Bryson and Camara into the mix for the last 15 mins. This squad is so much better than when Mac was here the first time.

12 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Reading their forum, it's not just on here then. (I'll forgive the incorrect apostrophe as I feel sorry for him.)

"Sorry Furs, didn't mean 2 dig you out. I just fed up like everyone else and we do have a few on here (not you) who get semi's whenever we are not doing well and go into hiding when we do well."

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Off topic Bradley Johnson is total #### winding up fans at the end"

to which "Always has been. Poor man's Robbie Savage" was added :lol:

LOL.

Archived