Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chris Mills said:

Luckily? I think a 10 day break is the last thing we need when we're on a run like this! We've all seen what happens when this team thinks. 

I feel like it's more of a "don't think just do" team. 

I think he's right, we'll probably need the break. By all accounts we were knackered tonight. We've got a big squad but I think rotating the squad around is the last thing we need when we're on a run like this. 

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Already been (briefly) mentioned and absolutely no question in my mind. Taken out in the act of shooting. But the ref was from Newark and a forest fan...

Looked 50:50 at the match but having just watched the highlights; clear pen. 

Ref was naff on the whole. Booked Butters for a shoulder barge earlier - pretty much the same way the QPR player fouled Ince in the box.

The ref was terrible on the whole tbf, he booked us early for light challenges and qpr fouled more severe and more often and seemed to get off lightly. It looked a clear pen in 2nd half from where I was stood, qpr defender basically shoved ince over as he was shooting. Ref couldn't do anything about our goal though :D

I was convinced deep down inside that we'd lose this game, after the lord mayor's show n all that.

It's these games that sap the energy, being up for Forest is easy, being up for a nasty little away match against a struggling side a couple of days later is harder, gets few plaudits, would likely be forgiven after the result at the weekend but this evening, they did find a way.

I'd have been well happy with a point tonight, absolutely over the moon at all three.

A win on the weekend and I might recover from the work's christmass do.

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Excellent three points no question- display largely irreverent following a local Derby - I would have happily taken 0-0 but a lovely strike by Ince from a camara cross - maybe the squad is starting to show its strength? 

How was it irreverent? 

26 minutes ago, jono said:

I dont really like arguing amongst ourselves .. We are all fans of DCFC but I can't help laughing and remembering all the stuff that is easy to find if you have the inclination to re read a bunch of old threads ... 

Tom Ince sulks, Tom Ince doesn't smile, Tom Ince is deadwood, Tom Ince is a luxury, Tom Once doesn't track back, isnt a team player, cost way too much should never have signed him, is a Daddy's boy blah blah blah 

Where are you all that wrote all that complete tosh ? 

For sure He is on top form now ..  But he is pure class and always has been 

Thomas Ince is a confidence player. He is worth £15 million when full of confiderce and about £3 million when not. Fortunately he has now got the best manager to give him confidence. Just stay here Thomas and all will be brilliant.

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was convinced deep down inside that we'd lose this game, after the lord mayor's show n all that.

It's these games that sap the energy, being up for Forest is easy, being up for a nasty little away match against a struggling side a couple of days later is harder, gets few plaudits, would likely be forgiven after the result at the weekend but this evening, they did find a way.

I'd have been well happy with a point tonight, absolutely over the moon at all three.

A win on the weekend and I might recover from the work's christmass do.

If we win at the weekend, I might start drinking and smoking again.

Could be a bridge too far thou.

18 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Thomas Ince is a confidence player. He is worth £15 million when full of confiderce and about £3 million when not. Fortunately he has now got the best manager to give him confidence. Just stay here Thomas and all will be brilliant.

His form is ridiculous.

Perhaps some folk just don't respond to "the beastings will continue until moral improves...by the way, Ince, you're **** and Keogh I'm trying to replace you with Sol Bamba" style of management, no matter how muh they are being paid...?

Fantastic result, fantastic run and a fantastic job being done by McClaren. Never in doubt. :ph34r:

The scary thing is that over the past 10 games, we have collected the most points in the division, the most wins, the most clean sheets and conceded the fewest goals, but Newcastle and Brighton have picked up only one point less in that same time frame!

And the scariest thing of all, all three teams look frightfully average, from what I've seen! :ph34r:

Fulham will be a stiff test and it's probably where we are most likely to come unstuck in the next few weeks. But it'll be a good indication of just how far we have come and whether we are genuine promotion contenders.

All in all, I think the play-offs is the best we can hope for. Even though I don't foresee Newcastle and Brighton keeping up this pace, you simply can't afford to give the better sides in the division such a head start, which we did with our unconvincing start under Pearson.

Given the squad we have and the quality we possess, I think we'll be disappointed not to strengthen our position in the top six in the coming weeks.

One final thought...

August 6th - October 6th (I was in the UK): P11 W2 D4 L5 Pts 10 = 20th

October 7th: I returned to Russia

Since October 7th: P10 W8 D1 L1 Pts 25 = 5th

As the data suggests, I'm probably getting intercepted at Stansted Airport by Mel and sent to Argentina for Christmas, where I'll meet a beautiful woman called Alison and live happily ever after.

And no doubt when we're playing Ludogorets at home in the 2018-19 Europa League, Mel will completely forget to thank me in his programme notes for, you know, taking one for the team. 

:ph34r::lol::D

Got back from the game and very happy with the three points. Felt QPR played some nice football at times and looked pretty comfortable at the back for large periods of the game. We struggled to move the ball into the final third and seemed lacking in ideas at times when they pressed. However our defence looked solid and we worked hard as a team to limit their opportunities. Particularly impressed with how we dealt with the onslaught of corners in the first half. Some really well whipped in corners but we dealt with each one.

Felt the turning point were the substitutions for both teams. They brought on players that failed to really make an impact. We were able to bring on players that could win us the game. Felt Vydra caused the defence more trouble than Bent and Bryson made some good runs in behind to force them to drop deeper. Great assist from Camara and Ince took the goal brilliantly. Was shocked when I saw his foot get on the end of it ahead of three QPR defenders. 

All in all a great snatch and grab win. We didn't snatch all three as I felt we were good for a draw but those extra two make it all the more sweet. 

Fulham a much tougher proposition for our defence and I think our attack will need to do more to relieve some of the pressure on Saturday. That said five clean sheets in a row and seven wins; Saturday hopefully will be a cracker! 

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Got it in one. Just made the pub, there was nothing on it, tight game, never looked overly troubled without really threatening too much, but I just sensed we might nick it with Camara.

That burst of pace against tired legs is so lethal. Ince, he's just firing at every opportunity and full of confidence. As for Brad, as Rampage would say....what a guy.

That leaky defence had a decent night too. Fatty Burns pfft.

Right on. Nicholson talked about a gamble on the subs ... what gamble? Camara for Weimann meh, bryson and Vydra in jeez .. we unleashed the hounds of hell on them as legs tired ... very good move by Mac and hardly a gamble

3 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

So unlikely. Assuming that we need 90 points for autos that means we can only lose 6 more games all season providing we win the remaining 19. Big ask. 

Probably playoffs but at least it's exciting! Who thought we would be in good spirits just 2 months ago! Time to sit back and enjoy the season, this is a free ride! 

I honestly felt like our season was over 2 months ago. A feeling of boredom set in. But now? Play offs would be amazing.  

Still smiling the morning after. Couple of thoughts:

a) Hughes needs some serious cotton wool if he's going to be ready for Fulham. There were some tired people out there after the intensity of Forest, but Will in particular took a couple of knocks early on, battled through without being at his best. 

b) Johnson in the air was twice the player of Johnson on the ground, but back 6 including Carson are in remarkable form (particularly when you consider Lowe and Christie to come back and potentially strengthen further). 

c) Loftus Road is a great ground - as long as you want to be able to hear every word from the coaches - was sat in the main stand where almost total silence and lots of empty seats. Saw Tony Fernandes after the game looking totally depressed - not suprised, despite all his investment, the fans are deserting them and they have a team that could get sucked into relegation (and he has to cope with Holloway's face every day)

d) Delighted for Camara - he brings something different and could be a factor at Fulham. Unless Will's injured (and Bryson in) think left wing the only possible change for Sat, Weimann vs Russell vs Camara. 

7 in 7 - I love football.

Archived