Q.P.R. vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Righto, on the bus and just passing Wembley, no doubt will see it again soon. (Oh yes,  on Saturday!)

There is something deeply satisfying about a Ram raid of a victory, against the odds - well against the run of play at least.

It is difficult to give a match report as much of it was slightly below par, a hangover of a performance where the pass didn't quite carry, the tackle just mistimed and the loose ball falling to the wrong team.

QPR passed the ball about well but lacked quality and Carson was equal to their goal attempts. He did push one back out into the danger area, which prompted the little exchange with Keogh, but he was probably our MOM. He was well supported by all our defence and I include Johnson in that tonight.

If we were off-form, it was further forward, both Hughes and Butterfield were a little under par. They still had their moments but you could see how much Sunday's performance had taken out of them.

Up front Bent was similarly quiet and much as I  wanted Weimann to shine he was quite erratic, some great runs but let down by poor ball control at times. Ince was always the threat, looked dangerous every time he got the ball.

I can understand why QPR fans might feel robbed tonight but I always felt that we would score from one of our breaks and we did.

It was a touch of class (or rather two) that made the difference tonight - Camara's low cross sweetly turned home by Ince. We went rather wild!!

This is the sort of performance we need to win to consolidate our position around the play-offs. Fulham will be a tougher proposition on Saturday but we will raise our game to match theirs - looking forward to it.

Made it back to Waterloo and that was a very competent performance which reminded me of reading last season. Ironically Ince produced our one real moment of quality there too.

Odd game really. Ref booked our 2 players early but we had far more free kicks and I thought as the match wore on and rangers got more frustrated they got more niggly. 

I think we still have fitness issues managing 3 games in a week so we'll see more performances like this as we can't rotate too many owing to injuries. 

Guess the stats would suggest we were under the cosh in terms of possession and attemps but most of theirs were pot shots and we pretty much matched them in efforts on target. 

Great to send the hoops home with a Holloway record of w1 l4:lol:

Didn't see anything in the keogh Carson thing. Over in seconds. A real "meh" confrontation.

53 minutes ago, KBB said:

This is the perfect result for me tonight. If we had gone there and won 5-0 my mate Holloway would have had crumbs of consolation to comfort himself with, be able to say they were outclassed by a form team and people would have believed him.

this result tonight will choke him, leave him gutted, leave him questioning what more he has to do to turn QPR around.

this result doesn't just pour salt in his wound it used a lemon juice marinated chainsaw to make the wound in the first place.

all pundits have their opinions, but he has gone for us in every way he possibly could in every aspect of his media relations, trying to twist everything done by the club, belittle the ownership, playing staff, supporters and portray the club as having problems from top to bottom and being a crisis club. His punditry during the wolves game was laughable, you could almost eye him crossing his fingers, almost wishing wolves to come back and do us in the second half.

well, mr Holloway, my learned friend, have a look around YOUR dressing room, YOUR club, YOUR players, YOUR ownership group, after YOUR coaching and management hasn't changed one bit of YOUR clubs fortunes. You are a dinosaur mate, a one trick, funny quote, matey banter, having a laugh with the lads, dinosaur.

thanks for the 3 points.

You Sir, should receive a knighthood for such a post as this. 

I dont really like arguing amongst ourselves .. We are all fans of DCFC but I can't help laughing and remembering all the stuff that is easy to find if you have the inclination to re read a bunch of old threads ... 

Tom Ince sulks, Tom Ince doesn't smile, Tom Ince is deadwood, Tom Ince is a luxury, Tom Once doesn't track back, isnt a team player, cost way too much should never have signed him, is a Daddy's boy blah blah blah 

Where are you all that wrote all that complete tosh ? 

For sure He is on top form now ..  But he is pure class and always has been 

4 minutes ago, Zak10 said:

can't read through all of the previous posts - but Ince denied clear penalty in second half? anyone?

Already been (briefly) mentioned and absolutely no question in my mind. Taken out in the act of shooting. But the ref was from Newark and a forest fan...

Archived