Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

If, what I have just been told is true, then fair play to MM.

I know society these days needs a scapegoat but in my opinion MM is not to blame at all, apart from maybe in judgement when appointing people, but that said I was 100% behind NP coming in.

Last time I heard allegations like I have just heard was when I was sat at Lionels house and he asked me to find out about the 3 amigos takeover.

That said, it's still speculation at the moment and I cannot 100% confirm.

That definitely sounds like something to do with the Telegraph scandal then 

3 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

You're barking mad if you think Pearson's appointment was laughable. 

Suspending him 9 games into a season on the afternoon before the 10th is, though. 

1) That's your opinion... Not one shared by a few of us on here...

2) You have no idea what the situation is... It may be a VERY good thing that he's been suspended... The only clarity we seem to have at the moment is that is wasn't results based... There are plenty of reasons getting him out and away from the club as quickly as possible would be a perfectly rational response...

3 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

If, what I have just been told is true, then fair play to MM.

I know society these days needs a scapegoat but in my opinion MM is not to blame at all, apart from maybe in judgement when appointing people, but that said I was 100% behind NP coming in.

Last time I heard allegations like I have just heard was when I was sat at Lionels house and he asked me to find out about the 3 amigos takeover.

That said, it's still speculation at the moment and I cannot 100% confirm.

Go on then, give us a DM :p

Easy to criticise the club at the moment, particularly Mel, but almost all of us a few months ago were agreeing that Pearson was easily the best appointment we could make. The poll backed him at 90% and all the ********* who write think pieces were wanking him off loads.

Dont think anyone really saw any of this coming, even the Pearson sceptics didn't think it would be this bad.

Mel made what on paper was the right decision and it's just completely backfired on him. Dont think it's his fault, just a ***** situation.

Suspended is not the same as sacked. It's the process that allows an investigation into an alleged event and it allows the suspended person to return to work after the investigation if that is appropriate.

It means that our club is being properly run. There is clearly some allegation concerning Pearson that is serious and which has been brought to the attention of our owner/chairman and which, if true, could mean dismissal. In those conditions Mel has done exactly the right thing.

The fact that football clubs generally have, over the years, ignored good employment practices and the employment law that all of us who work for companies and organisations have every right to expect, is no excuse. 

Personally I remain very proud to be a Rams fan and I don't think the club is a shambles just because we are being run by someone following good employment practice

People delighted to see us lose a manager so early in the season, are you really that happy that our club, in the eyes of pretty much everybody in the footballing world, has gone from well-run, respected and steadily improving to something of a laughing stock?

EDIT: I apologise for being in something of a miserable argumentative mood. But to say a series of unfortunate circumstances has lead to this situation doesn't help. A well-run club/business of any kind doesn't find itself in these kinds of situations on a regular basis. The whole thing needs a shake-up. Stability at the club is key, as is the next managerial appointment should we need one. Promotion for me is no longer a priority, I just want Derby County to regain the respected reputation it had built for itself only a few short years ago. It's hard to deny our reputation has taken a battering. 

Just now, Howard Canitbé said:

People delighted to see us lose a manager so early in the season, are you really that happy that our club, in the eyes of pretty much everybody in the footballing world, has gone from well-run, respected and steadily improving to something of a laughing stock?

well the way we we playing was making us pretty much a laughing stock.  least goals and all that...

2 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I'm not happy to see that process, that's why I want him gone.

3 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

People on here mostly seem concerned about other people's perception of the club rather than why it's been done.

Maybe, just maybe, he's done something worthy of suspension.  

This irritates the hell out of me too. Why are people more concerned about 'being laughed at' than crap football, an arrogant manager and no bloody goals? These players can play entertaining football, he just won't let them. 

Archived