Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/gregory-opts-for-appeal-after-derby-dismissal-590286.html

Sounds so familiar

We also never found out why George Burley resigned.

I think we just have to accept that we don't have a god given right to know everything that goes on at the club

If you ever want to know why JG was sacked just ask.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Blind faith alert!!!

Nothing blind about it. Based on what I see at the games, selection, tactics etc, I don't feel strongly about him going or staying. I believe in the Derby way of playing and I like the idea of infusing youth. Just not keen on this bloated squad of ego players we have ended up with. Don't like our best two non injured players - Hughes and Bryson being played too deep. Our key players are losing their market value too, as they underperform and are benched and subbed. They aren't inspired either. Mel Morris is always spot on with his plans for DCFC. Of all the people involved, I trust his judgment best. Better than my own. That's just how it is. 

Having listened to various media sources it seems it's nothing more sinister than a heated exchange between Mel and Nigel about the current situation the club finds itself in.

The football has been terrible this season and fair credit to Mel if he has put this to Pearson, he's only told him what we've seen with our own eyes. 

Mel has poured millions in to this club and his loyalty shouldn't be questioned, his judgement, sacking / suspending Clement and Pearson without knowing the full details we will never probably know.

I would rather have a lifelong fan in charge of the club than an overseas oligarch or investment company, GSE brought stability but without the heavy investment we craved, do we want that again?

1 hour ago, matty1986 said:

I had a text from a work colleague this pm who is always reasonably itk and has connections with the club.

He suggested news would break imminently regarding Nigel and the Candyman coming to blows resulting in a sacking and Chrissy Powell being in charge tonight.

This is simply what I have been told....so we shall see.

I've just been told the same, np getting physical with mm (no puns please!)

Mel I'll be honest, I wanted Mac sacked because he used us to go to a bigger club. I wanted clement gone as the boring possession build up play was doing my head in as I know from previous years these players can play exciting football. I wanted Wassall gone from head coach because he was out his depth. I didn't want Pearson gone because you cannot build a successful team by changing Managers every year. However now he's gone I feel relieved. 

So who's next? Please get in Arry, it's time for a very experienced head ! 

Just now, Donny Ram said:

Having listened to various media sources it seems it's nothing more sinister than a heated exchange between Mel and Nigel about the current situation the club finds itself in.

The football has been terrible this season and fair credit to Mel if he has put this to Pearson, he's only told him what the we've seen with our own eyes. 

Mel has poured millions in to this club and his loyalty shouldn't be questioned, his judgement of sacking / suspending Clement and Pearson without knowing the full details we will never probably know. I would rather have a lifelong fan in charge of the club than an overseas oligarch or investment company, GSE brought stability but without the heavy investment we craved, do we want that again?

Hopefully not true, what sort of message does it give out if we sack our manager over a disagreement after only 9 games ?

We look at Leeds and laugh at Cellino and the way he manages the club, and for me this would make us no different.

Ill wait and see what the true reasons are behind this before making any judgement, however I hope it's not as the result of a fall out.

It's a case of wait and see, I don't like Pearson and was disappointed in the decision to appoint him in the first place. He's not a nice chap so any dodgy dealings would not surprise me. If it is just over results it's a stupid decision though as you'd at least give him the time to play 'his' way (which is not the Derby way as Mel has stressed he wants).

Comes back to Mel again though. Makes a decision on a manager then a few months later we change again!? Keeps happening! We are in real danger of becoming one of those clubs others laugh at ala forest/Leeds........... Here we go again! 

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I don't care what other fans think about my club.  

I care because if I think it's turning into a circus then you can bet that fans of other clubs will as well. I care because the reputation of my club matters to me and I want it to be a club I can be proud of supporting without having to clamp my hands over my ears, shut my eyes and shake my head if somebody else talks about it to me. 

Just now, Mick Harford said:

As a consultant was brought in to prove his complicity in missing out on Yakubu due to talking to a mate and so that Derby could sack him without compensation.

That consultant?

Murdo MacKay, that worked out well for us din't it?

Dint it just :angry:

18 minutes ago, sage said:

Im not sure why people are attacking MM in this. He has been suspended while an investigation takes place.

We don't know the facts. Maybe we had no real choice. 

Have rope, will lynch?

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Hopefully not true, what sort of message does it give out if we sack our manager over a disagreement after only 9 games ?

We look at Leeds and laugh at Cellino and the way he manages the club, and for me this would make us no different.

Ill wait and see what the true reasons are behind this before making any judgement, however I hope it's not as the result of a fall out.

Depends what the disagreement is, the right one possibly.

Just now, Howard Canitbé said:

I care because if I think it's turning into a circus then you can bet that fans of other clubs will as well. I care because the reputation of my club matters to me and I want it to be a club I can be proud of supporting without having to clamp my hands over my ears, shut my eyes and shake my head if somebody else talks about it to me. 

I couldn't give a flying fig what other fans think, I want my club to be up there challenging for titles and cups and don't care if other fans hate us or love us.

Archived