Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

3 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

As a consultant was brought in to prove his complicity in missing out on Yakubu due to talking to a mate and so that Derby could sack him without compensation.

That consultant?

Murdo MacKay, that worked out well for us din't it?

And Murdo was then the  "untenable situation" that led to George Burley walking out?

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What a f*cking mess. I'll reserve judgement on Pearson until the full details of this investigation are released, but there's no question that, since Morris has been at this club, we've turned into an absolute f*cking circus. 

What an almost billionaire lifelong Rams fanatic as chairman, no debts and long term premiership birth the ultimate goal not enough. Mel will also have the financial muscle to improve us each year once we're up.

A few teething problems but it's an interesting time to be a Derby fan and I trust the owner to get it right.

like i posted the other day forums had pearson as the manager they wanted , they got it and have gone potty for trying his own style of play we all knew this karma im afraid truth hurts. As for mel give him a break manager after manager carnt all have been wrong.players have got some explaining to do as well esp on the pitch.we dont expect to win all matches but we expect effort.wassal and powell sounds about right to me now both derby through and through defo not sm the snake get real.but would wassal take the job again after all the slaging of he had last year. its a shame

For all you young un's there is a book called "And there was some football too" the title gives a major clue to the fact that what is happening now is only a part of the rich tapestry of our football club .

There has been stuff like this since as long as  I can remember ,suck it up ,enjoy it in a perverse way and you can recount it to your kids and grand kids just we can over Maxwell ,the 3 Amigo's etc 

The crux for me is if the 'non-footballing' reason would have produced the same reaction if we had been top of the league. If so; that's all the club can do.

If its ends up looking more like a convenient excuse to get rid of the manager on the cheap due to poor results then we really look bereft of vision, class and integrity.

49 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

who would invest huge sums into a football club, you lot are ungrateful sods, damned if he does and damned if he doesn't :angry:

my thoughts also. things will change for the better sooner than later keep the faith and cheer up its football ffs not the end of the world:thumbsup:

I have not got got a problem with this, if he has been suspended for non football reasons then there is a reason, it will be investigated and necessary action would be taken in a fair and balanced way or maybe he could just leave and the investigation could take place in his absence.

if he had been dismissed for taking a top six side into the relagation zone playing disorganised rubbish football having scored only three league goals then that would have been fine with me also because we have been woeful.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

For all you young un's there is a book called "And there was some football too" the title gives a major clue to the fact that what is happening now is only a part of the rich tapestry of our football club .

There has been stuff like this since as long as  I can remember ,suck it up ,enjoy it in a perverse way and you can recount it to your kids and grand kids just we can over Maxwell ,the 3 Amigo's etc 

Remember reading it years ago. By Tony Francis if I recall. Excellent read.

22 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Nothing blind about it. Based on what I see at the games, selection, tactics etc, I don't feel strongly about him going or staying. I believe in the Derby way of playing and I like the idea of infusing youth. Just not keen on this bloated squad of ego players we have ended up with. Don't like our best two non injured players - Hughes and Bryson being played too deep. Our key players are losing their market value too, as they underperform and are benched and subbed. They aren't inspired either. Mel Morris is always spot on with his plans for DCFC. Of all the people involved, I trust his judgment best. Better than my own. That's just how it is. 

The bond faith comment was about your faith in Morris, not the sacking of Pearson.

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The crux for me is if the 'non-footballing' reason would have produced the same reaction if we had been top of the league. If so; that's all the club can do.

If its ends up looking more like a convenient excuse to get rid of the manager on the cheap due to poor results then we really look bereft of vision, class and integrity.

Excuses get found out and are costly I believe this must be genuine.

IF Pearson is unlikely to return it will be interesting to see what team and in which formation CP chooses. If the suspension isn't results related then don't be surprised if there isn't much change.

i'm not going to join in with the 'club is a joke' pitchfork gang as we don't know the facts. Can't blame MM if the Telegraph scandal has implecated NP, I just hope it is dealt with promptly.

30 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Look, Mel Morris is not stupid, you don't get to his station in life by being a clown. We have to refrain from the name calling and assumptions and deal with facts.

Before anybody thinks I'm brown nosing the bloke, I'm not, I'm craving stability and transparency and I don't think that's been as forthcoming as I'd like but if I was a betting man I'd be slipping a sly tenner on Mel having no alternative on his decision tonight.

That said, I might be on a loser so I'll just wait to see what comes out in the wash as it were.

Appreciate your opinion ,but who chose these so called ***** managers in the 1st plaice,if they arent capable,cant keep their pants on ,(methodically speaking)hold a dressing room together or whatever,surely who ever chooses thexe managers need to question their own abilitiesd

Archived