Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

We just don't know. Process could have been finished and a decision made either way with a gagging order or agreement to keep quiet. 

No point speculating is there?

What else are you meant to discuss on this thread then. Not sure why you targeted that individual because nearly everyone else on this thread has had an opinion on the matter.

He's gone 

rby County have parted company with manager Nigel Pearson, the club have confirmed.

Pearson's contract with the Rams was terminated by mutual consent on Saturday.

The 53-year-old had been suspended since Tuesday, September 27, pending an internal investigation.

This is believed to have followed a heated disagreement with club owner Mel Morris.

Mel Morris and Nigel Pearson

Now Pearson's time at Derby is officially over after only 135 days as Rams boss.

"Derby County Football Club can today confirm that they have mutually agreed to part company with Nigel Pearson with immediate effect," said the Rams in a statement.

"As a result of the mutual termination of Nigel's employment agreement with Derby County, any disciplinary process has now ceased.

"The Board of Derby County will now turn their attention to appointing a new manager as soon as possible and expect to announce a successor in a timely fashion."

During Pearson's brief reign, the team only managed to win one out of their opening nine league fixtures, which saw them drop into the Championship relegation zone.
POLL: Do you think Chris Powell should be the next Rams boss?

While Pearson was suspended, his assistant manager, Chris Powell, took charge of the side and guided them to a 2-0 win at Cardiff City and a 1-1 draw at Reading.

Powell is understood to remain in pole position to continue in the role following Pearson's departure.

Derby's next match is against Leeds United at the iPro Stadium next Saturday (October 15).

7 minutes ago, Simon Bradley said:

...................................."As a result of the mutual termination of Nigel's employment agreement with Derby County, any disciplinary process has now ceased.".............................

Sounds like an houourable draw :D

Off to Villa next?

I for one wish him well!

Am I being too cynical, but the original suspension was the same day as Allerdyce sacking, now when most of the country is watching the national side we release todays statement.

I dont think it shows the club in the best light.  

7 hours ago, McLovin said:

What else are you meant to discuss on this thread then. Not sure why you targeted that individual because nearly everyone else on this thread has had an opinion on the matter.

Facts. Deal in facts not speculation. And FYI, I've been removing plenty of posts.

Archived