Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

Pathetic. Mistake upon mistake is being made at this club. We can't keep making mistakes to try and cover mistakes.

We've pretty much undone all the good work done by the previous owners. This season has been diabolical and it's just getting worse every week. I'd honestly take 21st and the season to finish right now. Time to make the RIGHT decisions and hopefully we'll get to the top flight before 2030.

I wanted Pearson to come. My only worry was that it would be a personality clash between Morris & Pearson but presumed if he was actually hired, that would not be a concern of Morris.

Realistically we are only going to attract managers on the way down or big gambles on lower league managers. Four bosses in 16 months. We've gone from a model of how to run a club to a laughing stock in the space of three years.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It's pending investigation, but hints are they don't actually think Pearson will be sacked though that's opinion from sources.

Weird situation.

Why did you have to bring me down, there I was feeling like we were beating Forest, then I read your post and it is like they just scored 2 goals in the last minute. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It's pending investigation, but hints are they don't actually think Pearson will be sacked though that's opinion from sources.

Weird situation.

No thanks

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

SSN - now saying Pearson will not be going back to his role as manager after falling out with owner at a meeting today.

Yes please

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pearson-hard-work-key-to-changing-our-fortunes-3330283.aspx

He was still being posted on the official site earlier today so obviously something that has happened during the course of today... If it had been results based surely they would have known before today (at least enough indication not to post his video interviews)...

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Admit it.  He couldn't handle another breakfast without sausage or bacon, snapped, gave Edith the tea-lady a tombstone through a table.  Then he ran outside, dug a shallow grave in the middle of one of the pitches with his bare hands before shouting at Tom Ince "This is where your career is" and running off over the fields to hide in Locko Park...

Note to @David this is pure speculation and cannot be taken as fact...  FACT!!!

Imagine having to defend that post in court :lol:

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

Wonder if Chris Martin will be getting a recall too?

433 anyone?

I doubt we will be able to, especially if a fee paid

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

As a season ticket holder, I trust Mel in the decisions he takes. Everyone including Pearson is accountable for results and performances. No youth no good football no wins no goals ... You can only put up with it so long. Do what you have to do Mel and hopeful a bright change will kick start the season! 

Blind faith alert!!!

Just now, Paul71 said:

I doubt we will be able to, especially if a fee paid

We couldn't until January anyway. But there's nothing stopping us and Fulham agreeing to terminate the loan, if both parties are willing, even if there's nothing in the original contract. Obviously if he gets 10 goals for Fulham between now and then, he won't be back.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

No thanks

Yes please

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pearson-hard-work-key-to-changing-our-fortunes-3330283.aspx

He was still being posted on the official site earlier today so obviously something that has happened during the course of today... If it had been results based surely they would have known before today (at least enough indication not to post his video interviews)...

Truly bizarre. Suspending a manager for a match is an odd step, particularly on such short notice. 

Just now, Howard Canitbé said:

I am utterly appalled and ashamed to call myself a Derby County fan right now. 

The situation we're in is laughable.

Why? You dont know the reasons yet. If there is something non-football wise behind this doesnt that not point to the fact the club is acting in a correct and proper manner?

2 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

Why did you have to bring me down, there I was feeling like we were beating Forest, then I read your post and it is like they just scored 2 goals in the last minute. 

It was only the opinion of one person, by all means Sky Sports are reporting it's unlikely he will manage us again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I hope he goes personally, can't stand his style of football.

Funny how the people who previously claimed that getting rid of Pearson would destabilise the club too much are now advocating hounding out a chairman midseason while we potentially don't have a manager. Think that would be the riskier step...

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

We couldn't until January anyway. But there's nothing stopping us and Fulham agreeing to terminate the loan, if both parties are willing, even if there's nothing in the original contract. Obviously if he gets 10 goals for Fulham between now and then, he won't be back.

Please no..... Martin is yesterday, we are a club stuck in the past. We sound more like Geordies every day.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

As a season ticket holder, I trust Mel in the decisions he takes. Everyone including Pearson is accountable for results and performances. No youth no good football no wins no goals ... You can only put up with it so long. Do what you have to do Mel and hopeful a bright change will kick start the season! 

MM is accountable for everything you just mentioned. Appalling appointment. 

Wonder who our next temporary manager will be. 

Big Sam maybe? Then sack him after a hand full of games because he doesn't play "the Derby Way". That would be a surprise to us all.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Still has not found the net since April.........

Archived