If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people have a hard on for this guy? Good when he was in the prem (he was, TBF)?

Seriously? good at burnley before his legs went? he's 34 and failed the physical challenge of the Scottish league. whatever good he might have done a couple of years ago, if he hadn't just fell out with everyone, he can't do it now.

AND WE SIGNED BRADLY JOHNSON....which has worked, so well......that bit of steel we needed for six weeks....

Never liked him (Barton), never thought he was the right player for us despite his undoubted merit in some respects, three years ago i'd have given him a chance to prove me wrong but now? na.

So, sign a central midfielder to add steel "because we can" who might not be the right character to galvanise the squad, who is proven to not be able to hack it physically any more in a team which Pearson is building to exist on hard running. Scot Brown took the pi$$ out him last week and I hardly think Scot Brown is the answer!

I would put money on him falling out with Bryson (probably Russell and Fozzy too) within weeks if he ever came here to boot.

His 5 performances up north have been poor,has caused caos in the dressing room and disrespected the manager.

Not for the first time has he created  more sh#t than he is worth .His career is coming to an end certainly not premiership quality,if he created as much attention on match days as he usually does on the training field think he would be playing foir Barca.

7 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

His 5 performances up north have been poor,has caused caos in the dressing room and disrespected the manager.

Not for the first time has he created  more sh#t than he is worth .His career is coming to an end certainly not premiership quality,if he created as much attention on match days as he usually does on the training field think he would be playing foir Barca.

Premiership quality...... Not seen that in a while ......

26 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Why do people have a hard on for this guy? Good when he was in the prem (he was, TBF)?

Seriously? good at burnley before his legs went? he's 34 and failed the physical challenge of the Scottish league. whatever good he might have done a couple of years ago, if he hadn't just fell out with everyone, he can't do it now.

AND WE SIGNED BRADLY JOHNSON....which has worked, so well......that bit of steel we needed for six weeks....

Never liked him (Barton), never thought he was the right player for us despite his undoubted merit in some respects, three years ago i'd have given him a chance to prove me wrong but now? na.

So, sign a central midfielder to add steel "because we can" who might not be the right character to galvanise the squad, who is proven to not be able to hack it physically any more in a team which Pearson is building to exist on hard running. Scot Brown took the pi$$ out him last week and I hardly think Scot Brown is the answer!

I would put money on him falling out with Bryson (probably Russell and Fozzy too) within weeks if he ever came here to boot.

I'm 51 and with two goals in eight games if fancy a run out tomorrow night..... Well ok Saturday maybe 

He is now under investigation for breaching the betting rules after apparently placing a bet on the Celtic match that caused this whole mess in the first place. The guy really is an idiot and I would rather us continue on with no established defensive midfielder than sign him. He is a tosspot of the highest order.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37416523

I dread to think what it would be like working with the people who think Barton is a good motivator.

"You team didn't hit it's targets this quarter."

"I called them all ***** and told them they were **** at every touch meeting. I fail to see what more I could've reasonably done to motivate them."

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I dread to think what it would be like working with the people who think Barton is a good motivator.

"You team didn't hit it's targets this quarter."

"I called them all ***** and told them they were **** at every touch meeting. I fail to see what more I could've reasonably done to motivate them."

Indeed. Along the lines of...

the-beatings-will-continue-until-morale-improves-19.png

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 15:26, LeedsCityRam said:

Ah, Joey Barton - shameless self-publicist & pub bore philosopher.

It does amuse me how a guy regurgitating Sartre or throwing out a few generic remarks about social justice on Twitter, is lauded as an intellectual. He's basically a thuggish version of Russell Brand - loves the attention but doesn't really understand what he's posting. Incidentally, both Brand & Barton were shown up in different episodes of Question Time as the charlatans that they are, uniquely attracting more derision than the politicians on the panel during their respective appearances.

I also don't think he'd benefit our team. Whilst its true he does add a bit of bite to a midfield, he's no longer as mobile or influential as his moderate heyday & he'd command big wages in our division. I also can't believe his abusive nature (dressed up as faux-concern for the fans) would help team morale. Yeah, we need a powerful, defensive midfielder - but that guy should be Bradley Johnson.

Fantastic post!!! Said what I wanted to say...but way more eloquently. 

Barton's got a book coming out I think....total coincidence of course. He's past it and been found out, instead of admitting it he creates a scene and stomps off...what a plonker. No thanks. 

18 hours ago, Alpha said:

I dunno why we need bite in midfield. Thorne and Hughes are excellent tacklers. Bradley Johnson is "bite"

Why do people want a horrible bloke in there? Are we not giving away enough niggly fouls??

More to it than that. We need a leader with positional sense, a Eustace upgrade if you will, doesn't have to be horrible, just needs to get an extra 10% out of the side and be able to hold the midfield together when things are against us and allow Hughes to do what he does best.

Thorne should be that man, but as is often the case, he's injured and it's a big loss. 

Archived