If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I'd rather defecate into my own hands and clap than sign him, he's been nothing but trouble everywhere he's been. A good footballer but completely the wrong attitude 

And I'd rather be standing next to you while you clapped, than see Barton wearing a Derby shirt.  Not even a good footballer anymore.  Amazed that anyone would want him here.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Leadership with his behaviour... tasty combo.

Nice teams aren't successful. Arsenal without Viera, United without Keane, Real without Ramos... you get some backdraft of course, but what you get far outweighs the negative. 

QPR and Burnley fans would say as much. 

We are jelly bellied from 1 to 11. Not a nasty, grab them by the neck, ave it when the chips are down player among our squad. 

In fact, as sad as it is, Hanson is about as nasty as we get. (BJ is a fake hardman. Ross Kemp in Extras)

8 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Nice teams aren't successful. Arsenal without Viera, United without Keane, Real without Ramos... you get some backdraft of course, but what you get far outweighs the negative. 

QPR and Burnley fans would say as much. 

We are jelly bellied from 1 to 11. Not a nasty, grab them by the neck, ave it when the chips are down player among our squad. 

In fact, as sad as it is, Hanson is about as nasty as we get. (BJ is a fake hardman. Ross Kemp in Extras)

I don't think Barton could be compared to any of those names. Barton is complete nutcase, same level with Balotelli.

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I'd rather defecate into my own hands and clap than sign him, he's been nothing but trouble everywhere he's been. A good footballer but completely the wrong attitude 

Look on the positive side. At least the club wouldn't have to go to the expense of buying him an ashtray.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

I don't think Barton could be compared to any of those names. Barton is complete nutcase, same level with Balotelli.

Not the same league as Balotelli. Barton has had his moments, but other than the high profile issues, has generally got on with his game, worked hard and lead by example. His desire to win goes too far at times, but at least he has that desire to win. Makes a great change from our lot. Zero passion here. When was the last time there was a push and shove? Ref surrounded? Water bottles kicked on the touchline? We are as vanilla as they come. 

...balotelli is a ****** who's career won't make 30. 

8 hours ago, JG400 said:

Glad I started this post, 17 pages of good old debate , take a rain check and look on other championship team forums they are not in the same league ,  DCFCFans is alive and healthy !

I only post here.

7 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Not the same league as Balotelli. Barton has had his moments, but other than the high profile issues, has generally got on with his game, worked hard and lead by example. His desire to win goes too far at times, but at least he has that desire to win. Makes a great change from our lot. Zero passion here. When was the last time there was a push and shove? Ref surrounded? Water bottles kicked on the touchline? We are as vanilla as they come. 

Thinking more closely, you're right. Balotelli is just stupid little boy who hasn't grown up. Barton is violent thug and therefore much worse.

• 1 month later...

I have just read Joey Barton's book and he talks very highly of Steve Mac. I think Mac gave him his England call up and he certainly coached him at QPR. As balance Barton is less than complementary about a number of the other coaches / managers he has worked for. The book also refers to a longer term aim to become a coach.

He's on 20k a week. So would imagine he'd want 10k plus. Which is a lot of money for someone to sit on the bench because he won't get in in front of Bradley Johnson on current form. But on the other hand until the end of the season isn't a massive risk. We need to be looker longer term than Thorne though as he's a  brilliant footballer but complete waste of time as always injured 

On 23/09/2016 at 07:44, TroyDyer said:

He surely does have will to win. however his legs seem to have gone. he was gobbing off prior to the celtic game about how he was going to bring his premier league A game and boss the midfield . they ran all over him and made him look an idiot . 

I do admire his passion and he does have moments of lucidity among the baggage . but without some remaining skills all we would end up with is a pumped up savage . 

Archived