If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You wanted to get rid of players who were bad in the dressing room like Martin apparently and now you think it is good idea to bring in one of the most controversial and toxic players in England. 

Did I explicitly state that "Martin was a bad egg?"  I can't remember doing so, I didn't name names for a good reason. Just because Martin and Pearson didn't see eye to eye doesn't mean that Pearson and Barton would fall out. It's clear we need a leader on the pitch, someone to tell the teammate's what to do. Thorne usually does this when he is fit but the whole team misses his leadership qualities when he is missing. Barton did alright at Burnley for a so called toxic player, if he was that toxic Dyche wouldn't have got him the first place. No doubt that if our players weren't giving their all, he would let them know and make them up their game. He has also got promoted more times than any of our players so knows that it takes to go up.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, McLovin said:

Absolutely, I wanted him before he went to Burnley and I still would like him now. He is the type of leader we need in the middle of the park. He may come across as a bit of a prat sometimes but he is an intelligent footballer. 

A bit of a prat!!!! He stubbed cigars out on a kids eyelids at one club... He went to prison for thuggery!! 

36 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

A bit of a prat!!!! He stubbed cigars out on a kids eyelids at one club... He went to prison for thuggery!! 

That was a long time ago. Yes what he did was terrible but we all make mistakes. He is a much different person now. What does that have to do with his ability as a footballer anyway? Not as if he would start doing that to the Derby players just like Hendrick didn't start randomly attacking his teammate's, despite the antics on his night out. Let's not act like all our players are saints.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That was a long time ago. Yes what he did was terrible but we all make mistakes. He is a much different person now. What does that have to do with his ability as a footballer anyway? Not as if he is going to start doing that to his teammates just like Hendrick didn't start randomly attacking his teammate's, despite the antics on his night out. Let's not act like all our players are saints.

So how many times would someone have to stub out their cigar on kids' eyelids for you to question their character permanently? Asking for a friend.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That was a long time ago. Yes what he did was terrible but we all make mistakes. He is a much different person now. What does that have to do with his ability as a footballer anyway? Not as if he is going to start doing that to his teammates just like Hendrick didn't start randomly attacking his teammate's, despite the antics on his night out. Let's not act like all our players are saints.

Apart from being a nob he's just no very good either , wouldn't touch him with a barge pole 

Just now, RamuelLJackson said:

So how many times would someone have to stub out their cigar on kids' eyelids for you to question their character permanently? Asking for a friend.

Just because he did something in the past doesn't mean he is the same now, equally he may still be the same but hearing his interviews he sounds like he deeply regrets his past actions. I'm a totally different person to how I was 5-10 years ago. People can change. Did any Derby fans question us signing Martin for the things he did when he was younger? 

4 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Apart from being a nob he's just no very good either , wouldn't touch him with a barge pole 

I don't mind people not wanting him because they don't rate him as a player but to say they don't want him because of the things he did years ago is wrong in my opinion. People can change. 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

A changed man...

How does that prove that he hasn't changed as a person? Scholes made loads of reckless tackles but no-one called him a dirty player. Steven Gerrard got done for assault but apparently he is one of the nicest guys you can meet. Don't judge a book by its cover.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

How does that prove that he hasn't changed as a person? Scholes made loads of reckless tackles but no-one called him a dirty player. Steven Gerrard got done for assault but apparently he is one of the nicest guys you can meet. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Bartons a thug as he punches players, knees them, stamps them, headbuts them and that is only on the pitch. Off it he has burnt a cigar in a youth players eye and been involved in assault. The guy is a thug. 

1 minute ago, RamuelLJackson said:

Did Chris Martin stub out cigars on kids' eyelids?

Not quite but he has been barred from a number of pubs in Suffolk because of his aggressive behaviour and has also been charged with assault in the past. No-one mentions this now because of his success for us. Football fans are fickle, they forget about past incidents if they are successful, like Burnley fans with Barton. I'll judge Barton on what I've seen of him live and the person I saw live at Wembley was a man who was sympathetic to our players and fans. He forever earnt my respect after that day.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Not quite but he has been barred from a number of pubs in Suffolk because of his aggressive behaviour and has also been charged with assault in the past. No-one mentions this now because of his success for us. Football fans are fickle, they forget about past incidents if they are successful, like Burnley fans with Barton. I'll judge Barton on what I've seen of him live and the person I saw live at Wembley was a man who was sympathetic to our players and fans. He forever earnt my respect after that day.

There's a huge difference between being a bit of a dick in a few Suffolk pubs and deliberately stubbing out a burning cigar on a young person's eyelid. One is immature. The other is sociopathic.

23 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Can you link us to Gerrards conviction for assault? 

I thought he was found not guilty?

Archived