If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Can we not use words I have to Google, stick to something easy like a ****

trouble is that the use of 4 asterisks could mean any four letter word such as "star". :p

24 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He was one of only a few QPR players who didn't celebrate over the top after the play off final and consolidated each and every one of our players. He gained my respect after that day

I meant consoled before the teacher's pets come out in force, silly spell check.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I meant consoled before the teacher's pets come out in force, silly spell check.

He did that, and he was very gracious. unfortunately, for every incident like this which gives pause for thought, there will then be another where the red mist has descended and the man appears completely out of control.

We are fragile, can we take the risk of hiring, as our enforcer, a player who could easily be absent 1 game in every 2 or 3.

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

About to meet up with my bro and some friends for some well deserved ale (had a pint of Brian Clough on Wed, Castle Rock brewery), many of whom are Man City. I'll gauge their opinion on him. I thought of this as a thread this morning, Talk Sport interviewed him. Like so many 'incidents' in football sounds like it's pretty trivial stuff given the hype so entwined in football hear days. If they sacked him and he was a free agent he could be signed by a club? Is that correct?!! 

I believe no one would be able to sign him until their transfer window is open, as the only players you can sign once the transfer window is closed are players that were not registered to a club when the window closed.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

He would be a brilliant signing for us....exactly what we need and what we have needed for the last few years.

We need a captain....the last one I can remember would probably be Van der Laan.

Yes Robbie VdL was a top skipper. I thought Matthew Oakley did a good job as captain, in a different way. 

1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

God you are such a hypocrite. 

1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

God you are such a hypocrite. 

The ignore function is there for a reason, I suggest that you use it. Funny, you always call me a hypocrite but never give a good answer why I am.How on earth is that hypocritical anyway? Not as if I said before that I don't want us to sign him. He had his problems off the pitch a few years ago but that wasn't football related. If you listen to him he is very intelligent. He knows a lot more than the average player in England and studied Philosophy at a university in his spare time. All of his problems on the training ground is because he is a winner and wants his teammate's to give their all.

Just now, McLovin said:

The ignore function is there for a reason, I suggest that you use it. Funny, you always call me a hypocrite but never give a good answer why I am.How on earth is that hypocritical anyway? Not as if I said before that I don't want us to sign him. He had his problems off the pitch a few years ago but that wasn't football related. If you listen to him he is very intelligent. He knows a lot more than the average player in England and studied Philosophy at a university in his spare time. All of his problems on the training ground is because he is a winner and wants his teammate's to give their all.

You wanted to get rid of players who were bad in the dressing room like Martin apparently and now you think it is good idea to bring in one of the most controversial and toxic players in England. 

Archived