If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I think what @B4ev6is is saying, is near enough correct. However he has proven that he can mingle with tough teams i.e Burnley and be effective. Think we would be stupid not to gamble on him with the way our season started.

That was 2 years ago though. He looked completely off the pace in Scotland of all places so we can only presume that his legs have gone. This coupled with him being a complete creature means we should keep him as far away from our club as possible.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

That was 2 years ago though. He looked completely off the pace in Scotland of all places so we can only presume that his legs have gone. This coupled with him being a complete creature means we should keep him as far away from our club as possible.

It was only last season m8

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

It was only last season m8

Anyone can be forgiven for thinking that it was 2 years. Have you ever been to Burnley? You can spend what seems like a month there before lunchtime.

The barbed-wire fence is very sharp and uncomfortable for me on this one.

I loathe the bloke with a passion. The idea of seeing him in. Rams' shirt appals me. He is trouble.

But...

We do need a tough holding midfielder who has the ability to take it up to the stronger midfielders. While we've improved in recent weeks in that sense, we've also had a few "false dawns" in that regard over the last few years.

In purely competitive terms, Barton's a pro who sets high standards for himself and those around him. In that sense, he's the prototype of exactly what we need.

He can, however, disrupt a squad with the way he goes about trying to set those standards and, let's face it, a number of our players seem to 'sulk' too easily when someone tries to exact higher - or even different - standards.Then there's the disciplinary side of things...

Surely, there is someone else who fits the prototype without the baggage?

Archived