If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

31 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Find me an article when he's been charged with assault then, smarty pants!

It's the same incident, not enough evidence to charge with assault, so never reached court, not enough to convict of affray, so found not guilty.

Yet another innocent Scouser hounded by our justice system.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I did mean to credit you with finding the assault charge, but if it doesn't reach trial it doesn't count.

That's why I'm still hoping for a comeback of Jim'll Fix It!

I think you might be waiting a while for that one. You'll have necro your old VHS recordings instead.

13 hours ago, McLovin said:

That was a long time ago. Yes what he did was terrible but we all make mistakes. He is a much different person now. What does that have to do with his ability as a footballer anyway? Not as if he would start doing that to the Derby players just like Hendrick didn't start randomly attacking his teammate's, despite the antics on his night out. Let's not act like all our players are saints.

I don't think we do act as though our players are saints... 

Id say Barton's previous record is stand out in my time watching English players... He should count himself very fortunate that there are still clubs that want to take him... 

Each to their own... But if he was as good as Pele I still wouldn't want him. 

Live had to work with some right scrotes in my job history. Didn't like them being there either. 

Is he much changed? Seems only a few years back he was losing the plot for QPR v Citeh, head butting players and fuse blown... Falling out enough with fellow players now, enough for his manager to tell him to stay away from the club!! I'm obviously reading between the lines this occasion but that's what track records tend to do. 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

I don't think we do act as though our players are saints... 

Id say Barton's previous record is stand out in my time watching English players... He should count himself very fortunate that there are still clubs that want to take him... 

Each to their own... But if he was as good as Pele I still wouldn't want him. 

Live had to work with some right scrotes in my job history. Didn't like them being there either. 

Is he much changed? Seems only a few years back he was losing the plot for QPR v Citeh, head butting players and fuse blown... Falling out enough with fellow players now, enough for his manager to tell him to stay away from the club!! I'm obviously reading between the lines this occasion but that's what track records tend to do. 

Which is why it's so baffling as to how many would want the thug at our club.

I'm still struggling to believe a single club would ever touch him, especially how he treats his team mates.

dabo6.jpg

I personally wouldnt want him in a Derby shirt. I know some peoples attitude is all players bend the rules but Barton has been a thug throughout his career and been given more chances than any other player that i can think of.

A big no thanks from me.

Ah, Joey Barton - shameless self-publicist & pub bore philosopher.

It does amuse me how a guy regurgitating Sartre or throwing out a few generic remarks about social justice on Twitter, is lauded as an intellectual. He's basically a thuggish version of Russell Brand - loves the attention but doesn't really understand what he's posting. Incidentally, both Brand & Barton were shown up in different episodes of Question Time as the charlatans that they are, uniquely attracting more derision than the politicians on the panel during their respective appearances.

I also don't think he'd benefit our team. Whilst its true he does add a bit of bite to a midfield, he's no longer as mobile or influential as his moderate heyday & he'd command big wages in our division. I also can't believe his abusive nature (dressed up as faux-concern for the fans) would help team morale. Yeah, we need a powerful, defensive midfielder - but that guy should be Bradley Johnson.

Archived