January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

20 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Cries wouldn't have thought that! thats a lot !! i would have thought about 30k odd a week. We will need to be paying that to keep Will  - probably have to make him best paid player.

Yeah I would of thought Will will be offered between £30- £35 k ,  you've got to reward your best players and I'm afraid we set the bar by paying BJ and shacks £30 k ish.

Window has been open for 1hour 40 minutes. We've signed no one.

The lack of ambition is staggering.

Boo. MM out, Rush out, Mac out, tits out.

Baaaaa. Happy 2017.

So purely judging by positions of players we've been linked to, we seem to be looking to add a RB, a CM, a LW and a CF. I think if our Lansbury bid is unsuccessful then we won't sign a different CM. We seem to be well enough equipped in this area but the availability of a player who would improve us has drawn our interest. I'm also not too sure we'll add a RB now this Paterson chap is injured for 10 months. We shouldn't sign someone for the sake of it and with Christie not too far away, we have two good enough RBs until the summer when we can then look to recruit in that position. The 'new' striker could well be Martin which can hardly be classed as new, but would definitely solve the necessity to buy another. With a potential 4 players in the team who haven't been here all season, that's a large proportion of the team and should definitely be the most we look to get. Signing too many players can disrupt the team, especially at this stage of the season. Get Martin back, sign Lansbury and only go in for a winger if they're genuine top quality for this league. We don't need another non-starter which seemed to be last January's transfer policy.

Won't bother making a thread on it because I can't find a link to the story myself, but apparently in the Mirror today we're being linked to Christopher Forrester from Peterborough along with Brentford and Reading. His stats don't suggest he's done much this season and after a quick browse on Twitter they don't seem too worried about losing him. 

I feel like an idiot to go on about players we haven't been linked to at all, but I'll be really gutted if we're not even considering Hourihane.

He seems like the sort of player who'd relish the freedom of playing in a 4-3-3, he's young, he's already one of the best CM's in the league, he scores goals and his contract is up in 6 months.

I'm struggling to see why he isn't a player we should be going to the lengths of the earth to get, we've got the recruitment team that went all out to get Raul Albentosa two years ago and really let us know they did so. I hope they show that same commitment again...for the players I want, that is.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

I feel like an idiot to go on about players we haven't been linked to at all, but I'll be really gutted if we're not even considering Hourihane.

He seems like the sort of player who'd relish the freedom of playing in a 4-3-3, he's young, he's already one of the best CM's in the league, he scores goals and his contract is up in 6 months.

I'm struggling to see why he isn't a player we should be going to the lengths of the earth to get, we've got the recruitment team that went all out to get Raul Albentosa two years ago and really let us know they did so. I hope they show that same commitment again...for the players I want, that is.

And he scored against Florist today. I'd love him here

I think we need a left back, centre mid, left winger and striker, although I can't see us getting all 4 in the January transfer window. Thought of some players we could potentially go for whilst having a wash so you'd hope that the recruitment team have at least 50-100 targets for each position

Some suggestions:

Left back: Joe gomez(loan)(Liverpool), Angelino(loan)(Man City), Matt Targett(loan)(Southampton)

Centre mid(needs to be box-to-box): Conor Hourihane(Barnsley), Ruben Loftus-Cheek(loan)(Chelsea), Marko Grujic(loan)(liverpool)

Left wing: Bakary Sako(Crystal Palace), Charly Musonda(loan)(Chelsea), Kapustka(loan)(Leicester), Sobhi(loan)(Stoke)

Striker: Chris Martin(Fulham), Arouna Kone(loan)(Everton), Adebayor(Free agent), Yaya Sanogo(loan)(Arsenal)

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I think we need a left back, centre mid, left winger and striker, although I can't see us getting all 4 in the January transfer window. Thought of some players we could potentially go for whilst having a wash so you'd hope that the recruitment team have at least 50-100 targets for each position

Some suggestions:

Left back: Joe gomez(loan)(Liverpool), Angelino(loan)(Man City), Matt Targett(loan)(Southampton)

Centre mid(needs to be box-to-box): Conor Hourihane(Barnsley), Ruben Loftus-Cheek(loan)(Chelsea), Marko Grujic(loan)(liverpool)

Left wing: Bakary Sako(Crystal Palace), Charly Musonda(loan)(Chelsea), Kapustka(loan)(Leicester), Sobhi(loan)(Stoke)

Striker: Chris Martin(Fulham), Arouna Kone(loan)(Everton), Adebayor(Free agent), Yaya Sanogo(loan)(Arsenal)

Left back is now urgent and I would hope that McClaren has already got someone lined up even before todays' injury to Anya.