DeAndre Yedlin - Signed for Newcastle

BuckoBeast

18 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

It's a phone-in/fans discussion show.

We ask for calls and comments and then give a balance of the messages we're getting, trying to use as many as possible.

If the comments we're getting don't reflect the view of the general fan base, then that's not my fault.

And in my experience, most fans think that most other fans agree with them !

I understand your issues with the format - hell, I know it's not perfect - but as I said, it's the implication like I'm a trouble-maker that I don't like, because it simply isn't true.

Welcome OB. Keep up the good work. Can I make a suggestion for a Craig Rammage soundboard app with all his most profound phrases and sayings. I think it would be a hit

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Everyone on here agrees with me all the time. It's a bit of a waste of time having a message board really - all the replies are just 'lol'.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Keep up the good work Owen, Craig and Ed.

I have never understood the negativity towards radio Derby, I suppose it's same with negativity towards Derby City Council or the Derby Telegraph, it seems to be the Derby way.

The commentary is always top class, the summarising is great and you three work well together.

Here here. 

It's not @OwenB87 fault that it's always the nutjobs that tend to write to the media with their mental and often angry points of view. It's always been this way, way before Owen, way before Twitter, way before the Premier League. And it's not resigned to football either.

Give the bloke a break he's just doing his job, and a bloody good one if you ask me. How he manages to handle the amount of crap he gets from Derby fans on a daily basis is beyond me. Good on him for signing up to the forum and setting the record straight on an outright lie that's had some losers questioning his integrity. 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I would suggest a direct question to the club asking why, when we have a wealthy owner and a desperate need for new players, we have been so reluctant to sell or buy in this transfer window?

Could we have a definitive answer on FFP?

Mel has said quite a few times that FFP isn't an issue

37 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

We ask for calls and comments and then give a balance of the messages we're getting, trying to use as many as possible.

If the comments we're getting don't reflect the view of the general fan base, then that's not my fault.

I understand your issues with the format - hell, I know it's not perfect - but as I said, it's the implication like I'm a trouble-maker that I don't like, because it simply isn't true.

Fair play to you for coming on to this forum, if it truly is you of course. 

Do you have any updates on the Lubos Kubick and Ivo Knoflíček transfers?!?! :D

37 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

OB I know you are new but you must learn how to use this forum, this is a transfer thread for DeAndre Yedlin, take your beef onto rams talk. Get Rammage involved and Ed, you could have your own thread, now that would be interesting. I think something special is happening here.

He has used the forum correctly, responded directly to people making comments in the thread they were made.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Thanks for responding, however using last night's talk-in as an example, in what world do you think tweets to the extent that "nobody in the entire squad is good enough" and "we need to get rid of Hughes, Martin & Russell ASAP" bears any relevance to the majority view?

I have no desire to check out the @BBCDerbySport timelime, particularly not on a match day, listening to the nonsense you read out from these so called supporters is more than enough for me.

The point is if I wanted to know what was being said on Twitter then I'd go on Twitter, I don't see why the nonsense that's posted on Twitter needs to be forced down the ears of those of us who have no interest in the Twitterati Brigade - it has the same relevance as some of the nonsense we spout on here, yet you don't read that out do you ;)

Oh dear god. So you have no desire to be part of it, get involved or even put you own view across, but aside of your general apathy, you're happy to slate those that do, whilst of course having "no interest". If the only people to speak up have the same view, then that's the majority view, in the same way if those that can be bothered to vote, all vote the same way, that becomes the majority vote. 

If you have no desire to validate the wheres and why-fors then you are not in position to comment. 

It seems you have no interest in anything, except moaning. I imagine you was one of those that jumped on the Jonathon Ross and Russell Brand scandal a few years back, just to have a moan.

1 hour ago, OwenB87 said:

Owen, no need to defend yourself or the format, it's been the same for 20 years, and will be the same in 20 years. The debate is always livelier in bad times, and the only people during those times are either the "it's the worst game I've EVER seen" brigade, or the "I've not been to the game, but I think they...." brigade.

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

I agree.

I can't see a great deal of difference to the b0ll0cks on here and the stuff on RD, except that OB is reading it out.

'I've been watching Derby since...'

Language Timothy! 

We get reports of bad language.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

"I've been watching Derby for 45 years, season ticket holder for 35 years" 

I cringe Everytime I hear it, although it is nice to know when someone was around for the FA Cup final, or were lucky enough to see Raich Carter, Jackie Stamps, Bloomer etc.

I have been watching Derby for 35 years and a season ticket holder for 35 years! And by the way on average every 7-8 years we are very good in between we are very bad and then we are bang average most of the time so I am enjoying being a resident top 6 side.

26 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Oh dear god. So you have no desire to be part of it, get involved or even put you own view across, but aside of your general apathy, you're happy to slate those that do, whilst of course having "no interest". If the only people to speak up have the same view, then that's the majority view, in the same way if those that can be bothered to vote, all vote the same way, that becomes the majority vote. 

If you have no desire to validate the wheres and why-fors then you are not in position to comment. 

It seems you have no interest in anything, except moaning.

Erm WTF?!

To respond to your first paragraph, I can assure you that I have sent TEXTS to RD in the past, particularly during the latter end of last season in defence of Darren Wassall. Funnily enough they were rarely read out amidst the mass of tweets read out during the Twitter meltdown show.

I ask again, why are the posts on Twitter deemed relevant enough to read out on a BBC Radio station, yet the posts on this forum not?

Load of nonsense.

Archived