DeAndre Yedlin - Signed for Newcastle

BuckoBeast

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

That all depends whether a BBC journalist should class Twitter as an official forum or not doesn't it.

Seeing as less than 25% of people regularly post on Twitter, I'd hardly call it representative especially when he'll read out approximately 20 tweets, 3 texts and take 3 phone calls to gauge "fan opinion".

I'm going to leave it there, I get that you disagree.

Oh and just so I'm clear, should I assume that you're now the officially appointed mouthpiece for Owen Bradley?

If so, should any future issues I may have come through you first?

I just find it odd that you don't want a part of something but at the same time appear to resent not having your voice heard. I would suggest it is an official forum, the tweets are implied responses from listeners (the intelligence of those is not the issue), and I hardly listen nowadays, I found the "I've been a fan since 1947 and haven't been to a game since 1981, but I think Nigel Clough is brilliant..." calls sickening!

You probably don't pay attention to my posts, but I will always call out something I think is wrong.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

I know this is off-topic but a while ago I did ask OB (via a tweet) whether or not he ought to try to filter the drivel people tweeted him, but he told me that he wouldn't be allowed as people would probably complain their 'legitimate' views were not being aired.  I also got the sense, however, that he wasn't particularly enamoured with the 'post match reaction' and 'listener content' elements of the show that, shall we say, were imposed by the suits upstairs. Clearly, he wouldn't have put that in a tweet, just the vibe I got.

Can't really be levelled competely at twitter though. Afterall, the Monday night show has been called the moan-in since I were a lad. I think the main difference is, that people now moan when there is nowt to moan about and twitter has made it too easy to get the 'unjustified, unsubstantiated, reactionary opinion' into the public domain. At least on here you can ignore threads or people if you want to (though seriously, where is the fabled ignore button, I can't find it!!). There is a chap with the initials BV who is first on my list! 

I don't go on twitter now and avoid the moan-in like the plague. The problem with the aftermatch stuff is that, to an extent, you're a hostage while waiting for the manager's interview. A bit of summary from CR is ok, but I really don't want to listen to the views of others, particularly those who werent there and have nothing constructuve to add. As soon as NP has been on, the radio goes off.

Thank god for that, I'm not the only one.

47 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I wouldn't ignore you. While Mr Vegas' oh-so-self important musings are now a thing of the past, I'm still hoping I'll see your withering put downs of him and others of his ilk! 

The way I feel in this hot weather, 'withering' is about right.

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

I know this is off-topic but a while ago I did ask OB (via a tweet) whether or not he ought to try to filter the drivel people tweeted him, but he told me that he wouldn't be allowed as people would probably complain their 'legitimate' views were not being aired.  I also got the sense, however, that he wasn't particularly enamoured with the 'post match reaction' and 'listener content' elements of the show that, shall we say, were imposed by the suits upstairs. Clearly, he wouldn't have put that in a tweet, just the vibe I got.

I couldn't possibly confirm or deny that . . .

What I will say is, what would people rather hear instead?

We won't be getting anything extra from the club in terms of coaching staff or player, there's only so much I can milk out of Rammer, and I know people don't want to hear more about Burton . . . !

8 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

We won't be getting anything extra from the club in terms of coaching staff or player, there's only so much I can milk out of Rammer, and I know people don't want to hear more about Burton . . . !

Id like to hear some common sense not the crap these people post from delusions  of DCFC being a world class footballing club.

can you not get a negativity stupidity filter put on your Twitter?!?! Lol

1 minute ago, OwenB87 said:

Well as you asked...

I'd be quite happy for a bit of Rammer/Ed/You giving us YOUR thoughts (at least I know you've been to the game!), a few phone calls from supporters. Then the post-match interviews & Rammer's thoughts on the interviews/final thoughts.

For the rest of the time i'd much rather hear the the local & national football results and reports than what some Tom, Dick & Harry has fired off on twitter in a fit of temper.

Didn't they used to pick up the 5live results (James Alexander-Gordon) & reports back in the day?

But that's just me, I like how things were in the old days now i'm the ripe old age of 35.

Save Monday nights for the twitter-fest, at least give everybody time to calm down a bit before firing off garbage :D

Newcastle and Aston Villa have made £5million bids for Tottenham right back DeAndre Yedlin.

The 23-year-old is ready to leave White Hart Lane to secure regular first team football after enjoying a stint on loan at Sunderland last season.

Newcastle want a replacement lined up for £8million-rated Daryl Janmaat, who is the subject of interest from West Ham and Napoli, and though they have Jesus Gamez he is yet to gain full fitness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-3754462/Newcastle-United-Aston-Villa-bid-5m-Tottenham-s-DeAndre-Yedlin-Kieran-Trippier-wants-Spurs-game-time.html#ixzz4IAQ8OInp

See above. I'm sure we used to get more stuff from around the  grounds and other matches elsewhere (not just Alfreton and Burton...). If this is done after I turn you off, then I apologise. I don't listen as much as I used to, largely because of the post match reactions. Just can't stick it.

I have to say Owen, that I should give you some credit for trying to burst the bombast bubble the last couple of times I've listened. I've heard how you've read out some absolutely undefendable tweets and then said to Craig... "We're only two games into the season, do you think using words like 'shameful' suggests that this person is a complete twonk who should not be allowed to own a phone nevermind use it" (I'm paraphrasing obviously).

What we probably need are more travel reports. They're always handy at 4.55 after a match :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Id like to hear some common sense not the crap these people post from delusions  of DCFC being a world class footballing club.

can you not get a negativity stupidity filter put on your Twitter?!?! Lol

Easy answer - ring up and be positive.

People are seldom motivated enough when they are content, but stick a bee in their bonnet and there's no stopping them.

That probably sums up why the majority voice after a defeat or a draw is a negative one - that and the fact that empty vessels make most noise, of course.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Newcastle and Aston Villa have made £5million bids for Tottenham right back DeAndre Yedlin.

The 23-year-old is ready to leave White Hart Lane to secure regular first team football after enjoying a stint on loan at Sunderland last season.

Newcastle want a replacement lined up for £8million-rated Daryl Janmaat, who is the subject of interest from West Ham and Napoli, and though they have Jesus Gamez he is yet to gain full fitness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-3754462/Newcastle-United-Aston-Villa-bid-5m-Tottenham-s-DeAndre-Yedlin-Kieran-Trippier-wants-Spurs-game-time.html#ixzz4IAQ8OInp

How many more do they need????

28 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

i might be alone in this, but I used to love listening to Ian Hall's report of the opposing manager's press conference and how that manager react to the result and what that manager thought about Derby.

As much as I loved Tin Man, Rowett and Ramage (not so much Sturridge or Big Roger), as summarisers, I used to love the old-school no-nonsense perception Hall used to offer.

Archived