DeAndre Yedlin - Signed for Newcastle

BuckoBeast

Just now, satty atwal said:

Wasnt referring to just us.... i said rivals.... that is a wider base than just us.... but yeah ok their policy is fine let them monopolise the league both of them and let the rest play for the playoffs 

Just because they both are buying all these players does not automatically mean they will walk the league as you seem to be convinced of.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

Don't assume that just because a newspaper linked clubs with players that they were ever interested. Whilst Newcastle may have spent £40m+ this summer they have also sold £60m+ as they are rebuilding. We spent £25m without even getting rid of anyone so all this Newcastle are trying to buy the league is rubbish, of course they are but we also tried the same and failed.

1st point yes agreed shouldn't jump to conclusions. 2nd point i disagree, newcastle in my opinion would still have soent what they have, they only seem to have sold players that effectively wanted out.... townsend the fella thats gone 2 pool etc... if they were genuinely looking to offload players to bring others in the likes of mitrovic shelvey mbemba would have been put up for auction.... this is my personal opinion however and i respect yours and everyones elses opinion of course..... just personally feel they would still have splashed all this dough regardless, just as villa are doing without selling anyone

3 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Just because they both are buying all these players does not automatically mean they will walk the league as you seem to be convinced of.

Feel they will.... both teams on paper miles better than rest.... would love to be proven wrong however

2 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

1st point yes agreed shouldn't jump to conclusions. 2nd point i disagree, newcastle in my opinion would still have soent what they have, they only seem to have sold players that effectively wanted out.... townsend the fella thats gone 2 pool etc... if they were genuinely looking to offload players to bring others in the likes of mitrovic shelvey mbemba would have been put up for auction.... this is my personal opinion however and i respect yours and everyones elses opinion of course..... just personally feel they would still have splashed all this dough regardless, just as villa are doing without selling anyone

I fail to see your problem in all honesty, they have more than covered their spending in transfers out, they sell 50k+ match tickets every home game, they will sell more players before the window shuts and will end up in massively in profit from this window.

It's hard to compete, but it's not unfair, spend what you earn, which is more than we've done for years now.

3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

I also really don't get what you expect them to do, of course they are shipping players out that don't want to play in the Championship, should they have kept those and gone through a season with a unhappy squad?

This isn't Burnley coming down with a squad of players far too good for the Championship, they have top players and needed to replace and I expect they will see more players leave over the next few days which is why they are still bringing new faces in.

You say they would have splashed the cash regardless but we'll never know that, they have spent money because they needed to spend money, they are signing decent players because they need decent players to go back up. Newcastle are a big big club, they won't want to settle for Championship football.

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

What if he's failed the medical and not agreeing the terms? 

agree but this wont happen do players want to come to play for NP or are we near the FFP just a question please don't shoot me down

thanks

22 minutes ago, cymru said:

agree but this wont happen do players want to come to play for NP or are we near the FFP just a question please don't shoot me down

thanks

In this particular case it's hypothetical as we are hearing from our well connected colleagues that we were never bidding for yedlin so he was never really our target. 

The point does stand however. If we're trying to position ourselves to potential recruits as premier league in waiting,  then how big a draw are we likely to be? Including NP?

Quote: 'It's hard to compete, but it's not unfair, spend what you earn, which is more than we've done for years now.'

The American owners covered losses of £8 million a year and Morris has already spent £25 million on players out of his own pocket, so the reality is that for several years we have spent far more than we have earned. There has to come a point when Morris won't keep paying over the odds for players (which is exactly what we did in respect 90% of the new signings last season) and we must be close to the Fair Play limits. If we had the benefit of parachute payments, and players to sell for very significant fees, we would be doing exactly the same as Newcastle and Villa and don't lets kid ourselves that we wouldn't. The fact is that we blew our chance last season when Morris was throwing large amounts of money about, we bought badly and now we are paying the price. We will buy before the deadline but we might have to sell and we won't be paying inflated prices. Its time for a reality check folks, we are just another club who had the benefit of a very large amount of money and threw much of it down the drain.

11 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Feel they will.... both teams on paper miles better than rest.... would love to be proven wrong however

Contrary to popular opinion, football is still played on grass, not paper. Or in our case, in the sky.

Archived