DeAndre Yedlin - Signed for Newcastle

BuckoBeast

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I ask again, why are the posts on Twitter deemed relevant enough to read out on a BBC Radio station, yet the posts on this forum not?

Radio Derby has it's own twitter handle, which people purposely aim comments to. The people making comments are effectively writing TO Radio Derby.

THIS forum is not associated with the BBC or Radio Derby, or even Derby County.The people making comments here are NOT writing to Radio Derby.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Radio Derby has it's own twitter handle, which people purposely aim comments to. The people making comments are effectively writing TO Radio Derby.

THIS forum is not associated with the BBC or Radio Derby, or even Derby County.The people making comments here are NOT writing to Radio Derby.

And the RELEVANCE?

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what relevance? Should journalists ignore their own forum and willing participants in favour of scouring the t'interwebs for YOUR opinion?

That all depends whether a BBC journalist should class Twitter as an official forum or not doesn't it.

Seeing as less than 25% of people regularly post on Twitter, I'd hardly call it representative especially when he'll read out approximately 20 tweets, 3 texts and take 3 phone calls to gauge "fan opinion".

I'm going to leave it there, I get that you disagree.

Oh and just so I'm clear, should I assume that you're now the officially appointed mouthpiece for Owen Bradley?

If so, should any future issues I may have come through you first?

3 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

That all depends whether a BBC journalist should class Twitter as an official forum or not doesn't it.

Seeing as less than 25% of people regularly post on Twitter, I'd hardly call it representative especially when he'll read out approximately 20 tweets, 3 texts and take 3 phone calls to gauge fan "opinion".

I'm going to leave it there, I get that you disagree.

Oh and just so I'm clear, should I assume that you're now the officially appointed mouthpiece for Owen Bradley?

If so, should any future issues I may have come through you first?

Less than 25% of people elect the UK's government 

My issue with Radio Derby at the moment is how emotive it is. When I've been out of Derby and happened to listen to opposition radio (Brighton and Wm radio and MK Dons Radio) come to mind).  The commentary is very professional and to the point. They describe the play and then the expert gives their view. All were very positive about what their team were trying to do even if they couldn't do it). They occasionally praised the effort the player went to even if they didn't pull it off.  

Radio Derby is polar opposite to that. It's like listening to a couple fans having a laugh. 

The radio Derby team exaggerate mistakes and formation changes. If you want to know what I mean, watch rams player and the whole 90 highlights. Saying a player misplaced pass is fine. Saying something misses the pass by miles is misleading. 

Maybe it's just a style of commentary. Maybe people prefer it. I personally don't. I think a couple of mates (fans)  talking about Derby in negative terms riles fans up. 

I like the passion they show but it's too emotive and too unprofessional. It fuels negativity. 

It is entertaining,  but I prefer that entertainment to come from listening to Derby play. I'd prefer listening to a expert analysis of the game and a review of the tactics used. Maybe that's just me. 

16 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Seeing as less than 25% of people regularly post on Twitter

I would guess that there are more fans that post regularly on Twitter than this forum.

I do like your idea, more exposure would be great but to be fair we're not the only Derby forum online believe it or not, the rest are far far inferior with uglier moderators but you cover this one and others will complain. 

Twitter would be much easier to use, load up the mentions tab and get tweets fired at you. Don't forget they are running a live show, won't have time to trawl through forums as well as taking calls and texts.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Erm WTF?!

To respond to your first paragraph, I can assure you that I have sent TEXTS to RD in the past, particularly during the latter end of last season in defence of Darren Wassall. Funnily enough they were rarely read out amidst the mass of tweets read out during the Twitter meltdown show.

I ask again, why are the posts on Twitter deemed relevant enough to read out on a BBC Radio station, yet the posts on this forum not?

Load of nonsense.

They're just reading out stuff that has been sent directly to them. 

That being said, having a dedicated thread on here where people can post questions  straight to Radio Derby Sportscene might be a good idea. That way you don't have to put up with the ridiculous abuse you get on Twitter from the awful, awful Derby "fans" that seem to run riot on it nowadays (just look at the amount of abuse that guy got yesterday for saying he wanted Nigel Clough to get one over on us! A funny opinion but not worthy of the kind of vitriol some of these low-lifes have put him through).

@OwenB87 @David is this something that could potentially happen?

18 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

My issue with Radio Derby at the moment is how emotive it is. When I've been out of Derby and happened to listen to opposition radio (Brighton and Wm radio and MK Dons Radio) come to mind).  The commentary is very professional and to the point. They describe the play and then the expert gives their view. All were very positive about what their team were trying to do even if they couldn't do it). They occasionally praised the effort the player went to even if they didn't pull it off.  

Radio Derby is polar opposite to that. It's like listening to a couple fans having a laugh. 

The radio Derby team exaggerate mistakes and formation changes. If you want to know what I mean, watch rams player and the whole 90 highlights. Saying a player misplaced pass is fine. Saying something misses the pass by miles is misleading. 

Maybe it's just a style of commentary. Maybe people prefer it. I personally don't. I think a couple of mates (fans)  talking about Derby in negative terms riles fans up. 

I like the passion they show but it's too emotive and too unprofessional. It fuels negativity. 

It is entertaining,  but I prefer that entertainment to come from listening to Derby play. I'd prefer listening to a expert analysis of the game and a review of the tactics used. Maybe that's just me. 

Have a listen to Radio Nottingham, I had it to see what the score essential whilst I was driving when they were playing Donny, spent 10 mins listening to them talking about anything but the match until a "ohh that was a chance for Doncaster" and carried on talking about what they were before. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

I would guess that there are more fans that post regularly on Twitter than this forum.

I do like your idea, more exposure would be great but to be fair we're not the only Derby forum online believe it or not, the rest are far far inferior with uglier moderators but you cover this one and others will complain. 

Twitter would be much easier to use, load up the mentions tab and get tweets fired at you. Don't forget they are running a live show, won't have time to trawl through forums as well as taking calls and texts.

Lol, I wasn't actually advocating using this forum as a mouthpiece - I was merely stating that one (Twitter) is not more representative or relevant than the other.

It's not just OB, this media obsession with reading out tweets from random dingbats is twisting my melon, man.

32 minutes ago, David said:

Twitter is for the illiterati.

I know this is off-topic but a while ago I did ask OB (via a tweet) whether or not he ought to try to filter the drivel people tweeted him, but he told me that he wouldn't be allowed as people would probably complain their 'legitimate' views were not being aired.  I also got the sense, however, that he wasn't particularly enamoured with the 'post match reaction' and 'listener content' elements of the show that, shall we say, were imposed by the suits upstairs. Clearly, he wouldn't have put that in a tweet, just the vibe I got.

Can't really be levelled competely at twitter though. Afterall, the Monday night show has been called the moan-in since I were a lad. I think the main difference is, that people now moan when there is nowt to moan about and twitter has made it too easy to get the 'unjustified, unsubstantiated, reactionary opinion' into the public domain. At least on here you can ignore threads or people if you want to (though seriously, where is the fabled ignore button, I can't find it!!). There is a chap with the initials BV who is first on my list! 

I don't go on twitter now and avoid the moan-in like the plague. The problem with the aftermatch stuff is that, to an extent, you're a hostage while waiting for the manager's interview. A bit of summary from CR is ok, but I really don't want to listen to the views of others, particularly those who werent there and have nothing constructuve to add. As soon as NP has been on, the radio goes off.

Archived